༺ 24 ༻

I was sitting on the bench, my head leaned back against the wall and my eyes closed as I let the warmth ease my tired limbs

I was sitting on the bench, my head leaned back against the wall and my eyes closed as I let the warmth ease my tired limbs. It had passed quite a while since the last time I hit the sauna to relax, but I was glad now that I did.

I felt drops of sweat forming on my temple and chest and slowly sliding down my skin, freeing me from all the toxins and stress of the past few weeks.

To say I wasn't on edge would be a lie. I was irritated to the point of exploding at whoever was in my way. Sometimes without meaning to. Nothing went according to plan, I had no influence on the course of events and that was what pissed me off the most.

The meetings in Jakarta had gone down the drain and although I usually didn't let a loss bring me down, it was the first thing that had us flying back from our business trip disappointed. Over a week abroad for nothing.

And when I had returned, the meeting with Mr. Steinberg also took a turn for the worse. He had always been a stuck-up asshole and somehow a small part of me was looking forward to hopefully never seeing his ass again, but it was certainly a disadvantage for our company.

My father was making a fuss about everything, increasing the feeling of not being enough even more and I hated that feeling with every living fibre of my existence. I let out a sigh.

The air was thinning and my body was calming down more and more, even though my head was racing a mile an hour. I hated everything so much at this point, I wished I could stay in the sauna for all eternity until my body became just a puddle of goo.

I had not even been in this small space for five minutes after swimming ten laps in the pool indoors, and the combination was glorious as always. But my peace and quiet had no longevity when all of a sudden someone swung open the door to the sauna.

"What the hell?" I grumbled, placing the towel over my naked lower body for modesty. Opening my eyes, I saw Reva step inside, a towel wrapped around her own body. "There's this thing called knocking."

"I didn't know the sauna was occupied," she said, not really sounding apologetic, and proceeded to step inside before sitting down on the wooden bench against the opposite wall. "And it's not like I haven't seen you naked before."

I let out an annoyed breath. Contemplating whether to interrupt my relaxation and just leave, I decided against it. I liked my silence but I knew the conversations I had with Reva weren't annoying. I doubted she would talk much anyway.

Shutting my eyes again, I still couldn't stop my eyebrows from drawing together and I glared darkly against my eyelids. The sweat drops were starting to build more frequently now, which was a good sign.

Luckily, I had set the temperature of the sauna lower than usual, so it was possible for me to stay longer without getting dehydrated. And as I had already expected, I felt almost nothing of Reva's presence except her soft breathing.