༺ 17 ༻

Jungkook

Jungkook

Yoongi spread the papers on the kitchen counter as I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. He had followed me into the kitchen. What was Sunday and what was free time in this house? Some words in the dictionary, that's what they were.

"I don't even understand why he refrained from hiring a financial advisor for his business for so long." my brother shook his head. Even though this was not his dream job, he was one of the best at it.

Although we had both attended the same university, I knew that he had always had other plans for the future, even if he knew that they would only remain dreams. Sometimes there were days I felt bad for taking his rightful position as COO, despite knowing he had no desire for it anyway.

"That's where pride takes him," I added my two cents after taking a big gulp. "If Reva hadn't mentioned it in conversation, I wouldn't have known it was that bad myself."

"And he still has the audacity to belittle us because we have a lower stock dividend than Steinberg Security." he flipped through the papers and slid one over to me. "Look at this."

"Honestly, Mr. Steinberg can suck my balls." I dismissed as I eyed the asset price over the past few years. "I wouldn't even be looking in his direction if he didn't hold so much social influence."

It was true. I was glad we had gained a new client and one with great significance to boot. Steinberg Security provided many high society clients with security devices like cameras and alarm systems.

Admittedly, I hadn't expected Reva to get involved in the business that night, but her input was valuable nonetheless. I was able to throw bait through her, and Steinberg caught it like an animal at the zoo, saving his butt without having to worry about a social fallout.

Company policy. What we did with our clients stayed in the company.

"I'm going to sort through all the documents, scan them, and forward them to you by mail," Yoongi said, ignoring my previous statement, though I knew he agreed on the inside. "Because he has a meeting with father next week."

"Thank you," I said appreciatively. "I'll especially need any documentation from any insurance policies he's taken out in the last few months or years."

"Yeah, I know." he nodded.

We continued to strategically discuss our starting point. Usually, we never did this in the kitchen because either our maids were buzzing around or our mother told us to do it in the study.

Sometimes we complied. Oftentimes we didn't. Not to be catty, because she loved to be bossy and I felt the need to do the exact opposite. Just my way of handling things.

I crossed my legs at the ankles and leaned my hip against the counter as I watched Reva step into the kitchen over Yoongi's shoulder while my brother was still talking business.