. Chapter 17 .

Daisy's POV:

I walked into the living room where Zinc, Teddy and Aurora were all sat looking at a piece of paper.

"What are you all looking at?" I asked snatching the paper out of Zinc's hand.

I looked to see a really pretty ruby necklace with some writing above it and on the sides. It was a fact page that had been printed.

"Woah that's a really pretty necklace." I said as I ran my hand over the page.

"Yep and that is also the lost ruby necklace once owned by the most powerful witch in the world and I think that if we can get our hands on that the witches will have no choice but to accept our offer." Aurora said making my eyes widen.

"What offer?" I asked confused.

"We'll the witches have a standing contract with this pack that they are allowed half the land if they put protective spells around the pack mansion and cave but witches are the only thing that can fully kill a windego and this necklace may be our ticket to winning." Aurora said as she handed it to Brandon.

"Oh my god." Brandon said making us all turn to him confused.

"That necklace I've seen it before. I think my mum wore it once at my dads funeral." Brandon said as he started at it with teary eyes.

"It says here the necklace grants all power even ones witches don't have, shapeshifting, spell readings, the power of creation, the power of riches, everything." Brandon said as he kept scanning the printed page.

"I think it's time I phone my mum." He said as he ran out the room to phone his mum.

I walked into the hallway and went towards the pool for a swim when I stopped to see James. I was about to go and say hi when I watched as a black haired girl smashed her lips onto his.

My eyes started tearing up but that soon turned into a sick like feeling in my stomach. What the fuck?

I quickly ran out the pool and to the nearest bathroom as I tried to hold my hair up and puke into the toilet.

"What the fuck." I said to myself as I washed my face and cleaned my hands while also flushing the toilet.

Did I really get sick at the sight of James with another women Daisy get a grip.

I shook myself off and headed back to where Teddy and Aurora were if we're going to fight I may as well do it properly.

James's POV:

I left Daisy to meet her friends and decided to go for a swim to exercise Gabriel since I couldn't go on a run and the pack garden inside the cave just wasn't enough for me.

I walked with my bag towards the pool and was about to jump in when I was pulled from behind by a manicured hand.

I was swiftly turned around to be faced with Gracie. Fuck.

"Hey baby I missed you." She said with a slight purr.

"Hey Gracie can I please just have this swim alone?" I asked trying to push her off me. It felt wrong Daisy should be doing this not her.

"Gracie go back to your mate." I said in a slightly angry tone.

"But your my new mate, I rejected mine and I claim you baby I am ready for you." Gracie said making me widen my eyes. How isn't she upset or hurt or in pain? A wolf isn't complete without its mate so why is she so attached to me when she isn't my mate?

"Gracie ple-." I was cut off by her lips being smashed onto mine.

I suddenly heard running behind me and pushed Gracie off me into the pool.

Daisy. Fuck.

'James that was Daisy I could smell her please go after her!' Gabriel said making me instantly take off running.

Please please please.

"DAISY!" I screamed but I couldn't find her anywhere.

'Why can't I smell her?!' I asked Gabriel as I frantically searched for her in different rooms in the cave.

'Because she has masked her smell from us using wolfsbane she isn't stupid James she doesn't want us to find her.' Gabriel said whimpering.

'YOU IDIOT WHY DID YOU NOT PUSH HER OR ATTACK HER YOUR FUCKING STRONG ENOUGH!' Gabriel suddenly roared inside me making me loose control as Gabriel took over.

Gabriel's POV:

I have to find her. She can't hate us. I love her. Her smell is captivating, her touch is like silk on my skin, her hair is like chocolate I could smell it all day the way it falls so effortlessly down her back. I can't loose her not because of James hell no.

"DAISY!" I roared through the cave getting angrier by the second. Daisy needs to forgive us James is to blame for this all why didn't he just kill Gracie why didn't I take control over James and kill her myself.

After a while I grew tired and shifted back to human form but making sure I still had control.

I crawled into my bedroom and got dressed into a simple T-shirt with grey joggers (if yk, yk 😉)

I then growled loudly and left the room again to find my Daisy.

I smelt around for anything wolfsbane, blood, roses, chocolate anything but all I smelt was the bleach used to clean to toilets earlier by the cleaners.

"FUCK!" I yelled punching the wall next to me making it crack.

This is useless. I thought to myself walking back to my room. Sleep that's what I need and a good fight with the Windego's maybe at the battle tomorrow I will find her.  My Daisy.

Daisy's POV:
The pack garden has never been this pretty before. It may be under ground but the way the trees that have been grown look so natural and the wind that came through the cracks in the cave blew the leaves around.

I exhaled the smoke from my cigarette and sat back on the rock that I decided to sit on.

Once I had finished I got up and walked around the garden looking at the small water fall that created a pond with small glowing fish inside. 

I knew James was looking for me but when I saw what he was going with that girl I had to act fast. I covered my self in wolfsbane that I found in the weapons room took a lot of convincing but they gave it to me. I knew that wolfsbane covers a humans scent from wolves and it can kill a wolf within 6-8 hours if it gets into their blood.

I knew I would have to face James sooner or later but I wasn't ready to yet I needed a good sleep first before any of that happened.

END OF CHAPTER

🤍