. Chapter 20 .

Daisy's POV:

I woke up to the sun beaming down on my face as I slowly crawled out of bed and went down stairs to the front desk.

"Hey again could I possibly pay for one more night?" I asked the nice lady from yesterday.

"Of course you can." She smiled while I gave her another 20$.

Now I'm down to 600$ I have to find a job and soon.

"Do you know any places around here that are hiring?" I asked curiously.

"Oh yes there's an old car garage that is looking for new employees maybe try there." She smiled making me thank her and go back to my room to get ready to find the garage.

I showered and changed into some green cargos, white air force ones and a simple black spaghetti strap top since it was really humid outside.

(The outfit)

(The outfit)

I then called Sandy and we walked to the car and drove down the town towards the way the women said to go.

I drove for about 5 minutes when I stopped in front of a worn out garage that looked like it needed serious work done to it.

Like a makeover definitely.

I stepped out and Sandy followed close behind me.

The sign In front of the store said 'hiring now' with rust around the edges of it.

"Hello?" I said stepping into the garage.

"Who are you?" A man said whistling a little.

"Ah leave the poor love alone are ya alright love need some help?" A women asked as she slapped the man's head.

"Um yeah kind of I saw your sign at the front of the shop that says hiring now I was wondering how I could get a job?" I asked nervously.

"Ah that's richards job one second darlin, RICH ANOTHER ONE FOR YA." The women said wiping off grease from her hands onto a cloth.

"What is it now?" A very fat man asked coming out of a back door.

"This little thing er is looking for a job." The kind I think lady said pointing at me.

"Hm." The Richard guy said as he scanned me from head to toe.

"Your little aren't you darling, we'll are you any good at cleaning and painting?" Richard asked making me nod my head.

"Alright then your hired grab that paint bucket over there and a paint brush and get to work painting the outside of the shop for us." He said as he nodded his head at the items.

"And what about my dog?"
I asked as i looked down at Sandy standing next to me.

"TOMMY!" Richard said making a little boy run out from the back door.

"Yes daddy?" The little boy asked.

"Tommy here will play with her while you work."
Richard said making me nod my head and grab an apron before staring on the shop.

"Rich that's a bit harsh she won't finish the whole shop in a day." The women said as I walked off. Watch me.

I started on the walls outside with blue paint. I loved it, it was like giving a makeover to a building instead of a person. I painted over the old paint with the new paint and fixed up some of the windows that were broken with things I found in the scrap pile at the front of the shop.

By the time night fell Richard came back to check on me.

"See I told ya she wouldn't." He stopped as he gasped seeing the finished paint job.

"H-how had that little thang done this?" Asked the women in amazement.

"I don't know Nadia but I think we have finally found someone worthy to work with us." Richard said making me smile.

"Oh darlin well done here." The women known as Nadia said handing me 200$ in cash.

"This should be enough you didn't even take a break today you have a lot of fight in you girl." She said patting my back and leaving.

"Here's your doggy she's so L-lovely." The little boy Tommy said as Sandy came running to me liking my face.

"Can I play with her again tomorrow?" Asked Tommy making me nod my head.

"Of course little man I'll see you tomorrow." I said getting into my dads car and driving back to the INN.

***

I got home and crashed onto my bed almost instantly after taking a shower to wash the paint off.

I really need to find a place to stay soon that isn't an INN but for now sleep.

I woke up feeling sweaty and like I was going to be sick? What.

I ran to the bathroom and instantly threw up into the toilet. Usually I would brush it off as I haven't eaten anything and tiredness but I couldn't help but notice I haven't had my period this month... fuck.

I got dressed and raced to the car leaving Sandy asleep.

I drove down to town and luckily the grocery shop was open. I quickly picked up a pregnancy test and brought it and went to the bathroom to see if it was just a stupid thought. Please be a stupid thought....

I waited and waited and waited biting my nails until 5 minutes later I looked at the test hesitantly.

Positive.

FUCK! Who's is it? I haven't had sex since I was raped nearly a year ago? I panicked as I paced around the bathroom but then stopped freezing as I remembered what happened back in England.

Jacob. He raped me. He didn't wear protection. Fuck.

I slowly lowered myself to the floor and broke down into tears. Just as my life might be getting back on track another thing happens.

I can't keep it can I? I won't be a good mum. I'll end up abandoning it just like my mum did.

It's been 3 weeks since it happened with Jacob and I had finally forgot about it but now all the memories came flooding back. James.
Brandon, Teddy, Aurora, zinc everyone I love who I left behind.

I knew though no matter what I will do this on my own without anyone's help.

I am a lone wolf and I plan to raise my child properly not like my parents did.

END OF CHAPTER

🤍