. Chapter 35 .

Jame's POV:

everything went black. I instantly held Daisy close to me.

I looked around at everyone using my night vision and saw all their panicked faces.

"No one move! This might be an attack don't move until I say." I mins linked my pack as I pulled Daisy even closer to me, I was probably squeezing the life out of her but I didn't care. She needs to be safe.

Then a gun. I knew it was all to good to be true. My pack accepting Daisy, the party going well, everyone happy and dancing, music blasting, the pack all slow dancing in their fancy ball gowns under the moon light. It never does go right for me and my pack.

"NOW!" I screamed through the mind link watching as all the pack members who were able to fight shift into their wolves.

Make sure all children and mothers are safe." I mind linked Daisy watching as she nodded and instantly jumped into action.

She really was born to be a Luna.

I shifted into my wolf and started running towards the direction of the gun shot followed by my pack.

***

We ran for what seemed like hours but was really only 20 minutes when we came to a cliff. And their stood a man and behind him around 50-100 wolves.

The man looked a little familiar but I couldn't place where I had seen him before. That black slick back hair and green eyes. But I just couldn't think.

"Ah alpha James I guess you got my message then." The voice of the man said in my head as he mind linked me.

"Who are you?" I asked slowly moving towards him.

"Ever heard of the fire pack?" The man asked making me freeze lightly.

"Ah so you do. Well I am the alpha of the fire pack and word goes around dear old James and apparently you have decided to build a new pack house here in America." The man said through mind link.

"Yeah I did why are you threatened?" I asked smirking slightly.

The fire pack is the biggest and strongest pack in America and the fact the alpha has decided to come to my party and try to threaten me is so funny.

"No I'm not threatened by you I just simply want this to be over with, I don't need a second best from England fighting for my place." He said back.

"Right ok we'll have fun with that." I replied as myself and my pack turned to leave.

"This means war Wright just you wait." He replied leaving with his pack.

We will definitely see about that.

***

"Everyone just go back to your business pack meeting back in England tomorrow." I said to my pack after we all came back to the party once we all shifted back and changed into our clothes again.

"England?" Daisy asked as she appeared behind me.

"Yeah. I know you don't want to go back there and you don't have to but I think I need to go back to England for a few days to deal with some stuff with the pack there." I replied looking at her face for a reaction.

"That's fine take all the time you need but I have a request." She said smirking slightly.

"Ok? What is it?" I asked a little unsure.

"Can you bring Michael with you? He is a wolf after all and i think it will do him good being around over wolves and learning new things it's fine if you can't." Daisy said taking me by surprise.

"Are you sure?" I asked. I know how much Michael means to her and she would probably dig my own grave if anything happens to him.

"Positive." She replied as she kisses my cheek.

"Ok we'll I leave tonight so we'll go back to your house and pack a bag for him and we'll leave." I said smiling.

"Ok I'll come with you as well." Daisy then said taking me even more by surprise.

"Daisy you don't have to." I replied knowing how much she hated England the first time she came.

"Yeah but this time it'll be different, I won't be in hiding because of some Windego's and every pack needs a Luna." She said as we walked back to my car leaving the field with a few drunk pack members left.

"Will they be ok?" Daisy asked looking at them passes out on the floor.

"The drunk feeling for wolves only lasts around 20 minutes they'll be fine." I replied as I opened the door for her to my car.

"There's still time to back out you know." I said to Daisy starting my car and driving down the road back to her house.

"I know but it's been 10 years and it isn't like my family lives in England that was the main reason I isolated myself from everyone for so long." Daisy said fiddling with the end of her dress.

"Ok we'll I'll pack my bag and yours and you pack Michaels." I said as I parked my car in her driveway.

"Sounds like a plan." She said jumping out the car and heading to the door saying goodbye to Delilah who was looking after Michal for her.

***

After packing all the bags I carried a sleeping Michal to the taxi and we all sat inside while we drove to the airport.

"You know we haven't actually said it."Daisy suddenly said from next to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked back to her.

"You know what couples say to each other." Daisy said trying to get me to understand what she meant.

"Do you mean I love you?" I asked realising what she meant.

"Well yeah we have known for 10 years we are mates and although we haven't seen each other in 10 years it would be nice to say it." Daisy said looking up at me.

"I love you Daisy Hopes and I have never been more sure about something in my life." I said kissing the top of her head watching as her eyes lit up and her body melted into my touch.

"I love you too, James Wright always and forever even if it took 10 years to say." She laughed back.

I have never felt this happy. I know Daisy is my mate and she is meant to make me feel this way but this feeling can never be replaced. The warmth a person gives you by simply just being near them, the butterflies and funny feeling in your stomach when you see them or feel their touch on your skin. It's like little needles prickling my arms at just the slightest touch from her angelic skin.

Her touch is like silk. Just the feel of it makes you sigh in relief. I know that bullshit about home is a person but now I know just how true that is. I waited 10 years for Daisy to come back to me and it was worth every single second.

END OF CHAPTER

🤍