Chapter- 26 Not Yours

🫐

Ahri held Eitarou's backpack in one of her hands while she held his small hand in her other. She swung their arms as they skipped down the street. Eitarou was always much goofier when it was just them, and Ahri loved that she made him feel safe enough to show that well-hidden silly side of himself.

"Moma, where's Red Riot?"

"He's at work right now." When her little boy grunted in acknowledgment, she thoughtfully said softly, "and baby you don't have to call him his hero name. You can call him Kiri or Eijiro, if you'd like?"

His black brows pulled together in confusion as he looked up at her. "Do you want me to call him that Moma?"

Ahri shook her head. "You can call him whatever you want. I'm not going to ask you to call him anything in particular. I just wanted to give you options because he's going to be sticking around for a long time! If that's okay with you?"

Eitarou hid his smile behind an affirmative grunt, but she could see the love and excitement dancing through his bright red eyes. He secretly loved the idea of calling Kirishima something much different than his hero name.

As they turned the corner to his pre-k, a voice called out from the shadows, "well isn't this quite the coincidence."

Ahri whipped around to see Daisho casually leaning against the brick wall. He was eating a bagel and to the numerous pedestrians passing by he looked completely relaxed. His lean leg bent with his booted foot resting against the wall while those red eyes blinked at her sleepily, but Ahri could see the malicious intent swirling in those crimson depths. 

"Dai-" she cut herself off, for she didn't even want to utter his name around Eitarou lest the syllables taint his sweet innocent. Instead of uttering the dark lord's name, she steeled her voice so that Ei wouldn't pick up on her fear as she asked, "what are you doing here?"

Daisho looked amused by her attempt at being strong. He kicked off the wall and sneered, "I'm here to see my baby mama."

Eitarou blinked in confusion. Mama? He was a quiet child, so he withheld his questions for later for he wasn't a fan of talking around strangers. Despite his lack of verbal confusion, he let Ahri know he was listening by gripping her jeans in his hand and tugging a single time. 

The tiny gentle action snapped her out of her fear at seeing Daisho mere yards from their home. 

"I don't know why you've followed us, but I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Now." 

"I'm not going anywhere until I see my son. That's my right."

"We both know you've never cared about him before this, so I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that," she murmured sternly. 

She tucked Eitarou protectively behind her hip, and the action was not missed by Daisho who had the fucking gall to laugh at her mothering instincts. "You don't get to hide him from me. That boy is as much mine as he is yours."

Mine? 

Kirishima's deep happy baritone rumbled through Eitarou's mind, "Yeah bud, your mamma and I haven't talked about it yet, but you're mine."

Eitarou frowned as the frightening man's hissed words completely contradicted Kirishima's sunshine-filled ones. Memories swam through his young mind as he wasn't sure who he was supposed to believe. 

~ 2 years ago ~

Eitarou sat on his moma's lap, and she kissed his cheek while asking, "this one?"