Chapter- 37 Making Plans 🍋

🦈🫐

Kirishima sat beside Ahri and Eitarou. His leg was bouncing a mile a minute as he had his hands clasped in between his knees anxiously. Ahri was running gentle circles along his spine soothingly, yet he couldn't relax. As soon as they had stepped out of the restaurant, they had been immediately placed in custody.

"How much longer do we have to stay here, Moma?" Eitarou asked as his belly growled.

"Hopefully not much longer, baby. I know you're hungry."

"I dropped my bread roll," he pouted cutely.

Despite his growing anxiety, Kirishima smiled at the little grump. He ruffled Ei's spikey black hair and chuckled, "don't worry buddy, I don't think the restaurant is open right now, but I can get you a whole basket tomorrow."

When Eitarou grunted happily, Ahri chided, "Eiji, he doesn't need 12 bread rolls."

Kirishima raised his red brows and laughed, "who said they were all for him? Those rolls smelled heavenly. I'm getting them for me too."

Ahri kissed his shoulder. "In that case, you should get two baskets."

Kirishima laughed before lovingly kissing her cheek and making her blush. "Ahri Amajiki, are you calling me fat?"

"No, I'm saying you're a man who likes to eat!"

He was about to say something about loving to eat her out, but that would have been horrendously inappropriate due to the fact they had been sitting inside a containment room at the city police station for the last three hours. However, he never got the chance to tease his girl, for the door finally opened.

Kirishima got to his feet as Sekka rushed into the room. She pushed her spectacles up her nose and looked at the young family. "Are you all alright?"

"We're a lot better than Daisho is right now," Ahri muttered which caused Kirishima to gape at her. She shrugged and muttered, "dark humor felt right considering everything."

Kirishima's bright laugh bounced around the bleak walls as he kissed the top of her head. "I swear, you never fail to make me smile, cutie!"

She blushed shyly at having just made a joke about her recently deceased baby daddy. "Sorry, Sekka."

"No no, it's fine," she smiled from behind her glasses. "I'm glad to see you all are able to still smile about all of this. I must say though Ahri, you have brought much-unexpected excitement to my life recently."

"I could do with a lot less excitement for quite some time, thank you."

When Ahri moved her son to her other arm because he was heavy, Kirishima took the little boy and agreed, "I really miss those nights of us sitting around burning dinner together and doing a whole bunch of nothing."

At the thought of her vile meatloaf, Eitarou whispered loudly up to Kirishima, "Daddy can you not let Moma cook? I don't like her food."

"How dare you, Ei! You love Mommy's cooking."

Grunt.

Kirishima let off a true laugh when Ahri tickled Eitarou's baby belly in retaliation. 

As Sekka gazed at the family that had managed to weather the storm of Daisho Suguru's final hate-spurned actions, she informed them of the current status of the investigation. Of course, Daisho had been murdered that evening, yet Kirishima and Ahri had iron-clad alibis due to being seen, recorded, and photographed by numerous individuals at the bustling restaurant. Because the drive to the restaurant was so long, their journey was captured by traffic cameras, so the chief of police concluded that they likely could not have been the ones to dole out Daisho's rightful punishment.