Chapter- 27 Day's End

🫐🦈

Ahri remembers when she got her quirk. She was playing with an Easy Bake Oven and making cookies for her and Mirio's tea party. Tamaki was being an evil older brother and tormenting her by scaring the death out of them like usual. She had been humming Itsy Bitsy Spider since they learned it in class that day, so she hadn't heard his tentacles slithering against the ground. She had stepped backward onto one of his tentacles. He yelped in pain, and the high-pitched sound combined with the disgusting feeling of a squishy octopus suction cup under her foot caused her to scream. In that moment of fright, her hands turned blue, and her little cookie became infused with fear.

Quirks had a tendency to manifest at times of heightened emotion.

And it seemed Eitarou was undergoing the same manifestation experience she had gone through. Ahri bit her lip as hard as she could to offset the pain Eitarou's claws were causing on her neck. Eitarou refused to believe he was that man's son. He was too young to get the full picture, but Eitarou knew in his heart and soul that the man he had seen was not a good person.

In his own juvenile way, he vowed to never be like that horrible man.

"Baby?"

Eitarou sniffled a grunt.

She knew getting his mind off Daisho might help, so she whispered, "Can you go into my pocket and get my phone?"

Eitarou nodded. He unwrapped his hands from Ahri's neck. As he pulled back, he looked at his red fingers. A river of blood ran down his palm. Eyes as red as his mother's blood shot toward her calm indigo ones.

"M-M-Moma?"

"Shhhh, it's okay," she cooed softly. She felt a tiny bit light-headed as his claws may have nicked an artery, but she angled her head away to hide the strongest trickle of blood from his concerned gaze. "I'm okay."

Eitarou looked from his hands to her neck a few times. "But I hurt you."

"Did you mean to baby?"

Eitarou shook his head so hard he nearly fell off her lap.

She gave him an adrenalin-exhausted smile. Ahri ran his tiny hands down her chest a few times to rid his small hands of her blood. "I know you didn't mean to, and accidents happy baby." She kissed his claws, and very slowly they turned back to his childish pudgy fingers.

Eitarou didn't understand what just happened, so his chin began to quiver as confusion consumed him once more.

"Oh no baby, don't cry." Ahri knew she was on a time limit of how long she could go without medical attention, so she quickly said, "can you get my phone and call Eijiro, please?"

The name of his favorite person managed to penetrate his sad mind. He nodded and sniffled softly and dug down into Ahri's pocket. His eyes lingered on the pool of crimson blood pooling beneath his mom's butt, but she murmured in a gentle voice, "Please, just call Red Riot."

Eitarou's fingers were still a little sticky from the blood, but he managed to unlock Ahri's phone since his face was programmed into it too. He held up the phone to his cheek and listened to it ring a few times.

"Hey cutie, I'm just starting my patrol with Bakubro. What's up?"

At hearing that deep warm voice, all of the fear of the day evaporated from Eitarou. In the place of the dissipated anguish was an empty void of longing.

Ahri finally let herself cry when she heard Eitarou sob, "Daddy? Moma and I need you."

🫐🦈