Chapter- 32 Day 1

🫐🦈

~ Wednesday, Day 1 of Court ~

Ahri took one last nervous breath as she smoothed out her maroon pencil skirt and black silk button-down. That massive scarred tan hand slid over her knee, and she looked over at her boyfriend.

Kirishima was wearing his iconic maroon suit with black tie. His red hair was slicked away from his frighteningly handsome face to show off those bright red eyes that were filled with strength and love.

"You look lovely, cutie."

"I know it's silly, but thank you for matching with me."

"It's not silly at all." Kirishima rolled over the bracelet he had given her before kissing her wrist. "I love the world knowing that you're mine."

"The world? Do you really think this is going to blow up that large?" she whispered nervously.

Once upon a time his social anxiety had been so crippling that he had to hide behind his false smiling cheery, yet sitting opposite of the woman he loved, he no longer felt afraid. Ahri had supported him every single day. Every night he came home dead exhausted she'd reenergize his soul with her gentle form of love and acceptance. She and Ei were the single two biggest blessings of his life, and he didn't feel afraid because he knew his family needed him. Thus Kirishima wasn't lying when he said, "even if it does get global attention, I don't care. Let them come. It doesn't change the fact that I'll be right by your side."

Ahri allowed herself one last kiss from her sturdy lover before nodding.

Kirishima cupped her cheek and murmured, "that's my girl. Come on cutie, let's go."

She accepted Kirishima's hand as he helped her out of his truck. She felt powerful in her skintight pencil skirt and sky-high black stilettos, but really it was the man holding onto her waist that made her invinsible. When they exited the parking deck, Ahri felt a whole new wave of tears well.

Standing in front of the courthouse was her family.

Each and every hero stood proudly in their famous hero costume. Bakugo stood behind Lore and snarled at the series of camera crews that were snapping pictures of him. Sero and Mina were chatting with a few curious fans. Kaminari and Shinso were talking with a whole class of other pro heroes she didn't recognize. Deku and Shoto were also fielding nosy people who had their cell phones out recording the amazing gathering of pro heroes as they stood tall beside Bakugo.

"Eiji, what is this?"

"These are my friends," Kirishima beamed as he waved to Fatgum who was with her brother. Tamaki was in an indigo suit that was complimented by Mirio's cream one. Her brother looked furious for her, but he still managed to give her a nervous smile while Mirio gave her two thumbs up in support.

"You called them all?"

Kirishima often times looked so boyish when he grinned, yet this time she truly saw the unwaveringly strong man when he gave her his fully shark-toothed smile. "These are just the ones who could get here on short notice. Tomorrow the rest will be here."

Ahri felt herself swallow as grateful tears threatened to fall. In front of the courthouse were two single-file lines of 20 or so heroes proudly declaring their support for Kirishima and Ahri. She could hear the captures of phone cameras, the beginning of rumors, and a news reporter live on air, but she remained facing forward as she made her way toward the front of the courthouse.

By the time they made it inside Sekka was speed walking her way toward her. She pushed her glasses up her nose and asked, "Ahri, what the hell is all this?"