Chapter- 33 Court Day 2

A/N: okay I know I said I'd finish the book and then upload it all at once, but this -ish is taking me forever and I feel bad not sticking to the timelines I tell y'all. Thus I'm giving you what I got!!

 Apologies, I'm try'n, I promise!

🦈🫐

As the dawn of day two of court rose, Ahri found herself crouched on the ground fixing Eitarou's little tie.

"I can't believe they are making Ei talk," Kirishima growled as he helped pack Eitarou's drawing supplies so that in between slap fights with Denki and aggressive pattycake games with Bakugo he'd have something to keep him entertained.

"Children's testimonies are typically not allowed, but Sekka said it was something about trying to gauge our characters. However since he is what this case revolves around, his testimony is necessary."

Kirishima grunted unhappily.

"Don't worry Eiji. He'll be fine."

He looked down at his little man whom he just wanted to keep tucked away in his arms and protect from all this ugliness. "How can you be so sure?"

"Because," Ahri locked eyes with a very sleepy Eitarou and hummed, "he's our boy after all."

Despite his tiredness, Eitarou's pointed ears wiggled excitedly as he looked up at his red hero and grunted in agreement with his Moma's words.

Kirishima knelt down next to his girl and ran his massive hand over his boy's spikey black hair. "You're right, buddy. You got this."

🦈🫐🦈

Kirishima had been right. When they arrived at the courthouse, the entirety of UA's graduated classes 1A and 1B were standing in solidarity for their chivalrous brother in arms. Even retired heroes like Enji Todoroki and Toshinori Yagi made an appearance at the request of their younger successors, for what none of them had addressed was just how much attention this court case had gained. 

One of the videos from the day prior of Kirishima fist bumping Bakugo, the world's number 2 hero, had gone viral seemingly overnight. After the hordes of thirsty internet drones did a bit of digging, the court case between Pro Hero Red Riot's 'Domestic Abuser' of a Girlfriend and her Ugly Custody Battle with her Child's Biological Father had begun to trend across numerous platforms.

People's faith in heroes had been a flimsy thing for the last decade. Thus Daisho's plan to corrupt the young family's happiness may be accomplished regardless of his victory in the case. 

Alas the heroes remained hopeful as they all high-fived and clapped for Eitarou, who clung to Kirishima's long red hair shyly as the red hero walked his family into the courthouse to begin 

Day Two of Court

Eitarou sat up on his little booster stool on the witness bench and glared at the lawyer menacingly. 

Kirishima hid his smile behind a well-placed cough. "Jesus Shitty Hair, can you look any more proud?"

Kirishima looked at his best friend that was dressed in a solid black suit. Their PR reps had told all the heroes to forego their hero costumes if they were going to sit in the courtroom since Daisho's lawyers said their costumes could be seen as weapons- even though the true danger was the heroes themselves. However, it was an easy concession to make since Suzuki's request to have them barred from attending the rest of the case had been denied.

"Come on man, look at him. You can't say you don't love that face."

Bakugo watched as Suzuki tried to walk up to the witness bench, but Eitarou leaned further and further away. "Of course I fuck'n do," Bakugo grunted.