Waltz my way into your thoughts

Jin laughs embarrassed by the whole situation and glares at Namjoon who was smiling. He was about to say something to make the situation less awkward but fortunately, the music starts playing loudly welcoming everyone to the dance. A famous tradition on Jimin’s birthday as he likes waltz dance the most, classical dance is what makes the party a remembrance for life. The guests waited for this moment eagerly and burst into talks and whispered happily looking for their partner to join in the ball. 

The marble floor glowed with lights welcoming the pairs to stand in the middle and start with the dance. Jimin gets excited hearing the music, he is always the first one to begin dancing, choosing the prettiest omega from the guests. Today, he had his eyes fixed on one of a beautiful beta and wanted to ask her for the dance, forgetting about the person in front of him, he was about to go look for his partner when Taehyung blocks his way.

Taehyung has not attended Jimin’s birthday since his late teens. They met after a very long time but he knows about all things that happen at these events, especially one involving ‘the pillars’ and their close ones. 

He smiles sweetly at Jimin “Since we have met after a long and have lots to catch up why not have the first dance with me?” Taehyung asks with a mischievous glint in his eyes, it was always fun for him to watch the angry and troubled face of this person, it gave him quite a satisfaction. 

When young they would always compete with each other. It always started with them bickering and showing off their toys then leads to breaking each other toys and finally moving to break each other’s teeth. This is the reason why Jeongguk was asked to be with them, the family used to know how they might end up.

Taehyung and Jimin’s mother were friends and used to meet a lot causing them to meet as well, who would have thought their son to become enemies with each other? Jin tried each time to put sense into Taehyung’s head to not be like this but Taehyung was very fond of Jeongguk and wanted him to be with him just like he was with Jimin, they had the same eye color they were a match Jimin should be out of it. Jimin had a reason that Jeongguk was a good brother and should not be near a troublemaker person like Taehyung and that leads to more bickering and fights. 

When they grew a bit older they made gangs that used to always fight and make fun of other ones. These two were the notorious and loud students of the school and often seen in the Principal’s office Jeongguk used to be the one to end their gang wars, with his group of friends and rescue the two. Their family prayed for these two to grow up and be tolerant of each other. This prayer would work on Taehyung in a very sad way. He completely separated himself from everyone and remained isolated for years before coming out to the open.

Jimin takes a deep breath to not lose his calm self and wanted to say no but the contented look on Jin's makes him hesitant. Jin was happy as his brother was trying to mix with his group again forgetting how they used to be in their childhood. Jimin scared of the intentions of Taehyung almost hides behind his brother “Hyung” He says wanting Jeongguk to rescue him but Taehyung was bold enough to still call for him.

“What are you afraid of…me?” He asks, staring with his heterochromatic eyes at Jimin, they looked a bit hurt and droopy for being rejected, like a cat wanting to get pats. The alpha couldn’t help but stare at him almost giving in but hearing Jeongguk’s little cough he comes out of the trance.

Jimin narrows his eyes “You think you can trick me into it…I won’t but since you are my guest I will give you a fair chance…” He smiles looking at Taehyung and then side glances at Jeongguk who by the time got another guest and was shaking hands with them. Jimin knew Jeongguk could only help him in this situation, he has been at this party for a long and never have Jeongguk agreed to dance with anyone or even talk if someone asks for it.