Kiss of clarity and reconciliation

Taehyung found himself enveloped within an unfamiliar environment, in an ethereal, radiant light that overwhelmed his senses. His brows furrowed in disorientation as he urgently called out for Jeongguk. His heart pounding with a desperate need to locate him. Amid his distress, a familiar voice pierced through the luminous haze, drawing his attention like a beacon in the darkness.

Moving towards the sound, Taehyung's eyes settled upon a figure of captivating allure—a man of striking beauty, with flowing dark locks cascading down to his waist, positioned upon a staircase, his countenance aglow with a welcoming smile. 

With a gesture, the man extended his hand towards Taehyung, beckoning him closer. As Taehyung closed the distance, he couldn't help but be entranced by the glorious features of his mate, recognizing him as his destined one. 

In an embrace that radiated warmth, Jeongguk enveloped Taehyung, the sensation so intense that it seemed to engulf him entirely, mixing against the lingering brightness that continued to assail his vision.

Overwhelmed by the mixture of emotions and sensations, Taehyung found himself compelled to open his eyes.

As Taehyung's eyes fluttered open, the harsh artificial glow from the overhead bulb assaulted his senses, prompting him to blink in an attempt to adjust. 

He made a subtle attempt to shift his position, only to find himself nestled within the secure embrace of Jeongguk, who had remained asleep throughout the day, holding him close.

Surveying his mate with a mix of awe and disbelief, Taehyung's gaze lingered upon Jeongguk's features, discerning the tangible reality before him from the dreamscape he had recently inhabited. The sight of Jeongguk's flowing locks and the genuine warmth of his smile in the dream solidified his presence as the embodiment of a true-blooded alpha.

Seeking confirmation of this escape from the dream, Taehyung tentatively reached out, his fingers lightly pinching Jeongguk's cheeks in a gesture of tactile reassurance. The sensation beneath his touch was undeniably real, prompting him to gently press a bit firmer, relishing in the softness that met his fingertips.

With a faint murmur of discontent, Jeongguk stirred from his slumber, reluctantly relinquishing his tight embrace on Taehyung as he gradually opened his eyes. Sensing the weight of his mate's gaze upon him, Jeongguk's attention shifted to meet Taehyung's expectant stare.

Observing the shift in Jeongguk's eye color, a telltale sign of his reversion to his normal state, Taehyung's initial sense of contentment waned, replaced instead by a palpable longing for the gentler, more affectionate side of Jeongguk that he had come to cherish. 

Disappointment etched across his features, Taehyung couldn't conceal his longing for the endearing qualities of his mate that seemed momentarily eclipsed by his usual nature.

Jeongguk couldn't suppress a soft chuckle of amusement. "Should I interpret the myriad of expressions crossing your face as a cause for celebration or concern that you like my other side more than me?" he quipped, teasing Taehyung gently.

As Jeongguk's sarcastic remark pierced the air, Taehyung's momentary lapse of longing was abruptly shattered, replaced by a surge of clarity as the memories of their recent ordeal flooded back into his consciousness. Anger welled within him, his brows furrowing in a mix of frustration and resentment.

With a swift and decisive motion, Taehyung reacted, his frustration manifesting in a forceful kick that caught Jeongguk off guard. Reacting with reflexive agility, Jeongguk managed to intercept the blow just in time, his hands instinctively grasping Taehyung's legs to prevent the intended impact.