The indelible conference

From the day Umbra broadcasted the video to the time of the conference, the mindset of the people of Gandok changed considerably. There was confusion and a sense of betrayal among them. 

The Omegas were the first to show their anger and distrust over the Government and threw their collars on the central as a protest against the pillars.

There was a shift in the trust of the people on the pillars. They were not happy with this regime. They wanted answers, apology, and justice. The omegas were not afraid to be arrested and put in confinement. 

They seemed angry to have lost their loved one, to have to do everything the regime says, and to put up with all the lies.

There was no use in them putting collars. The ones sitting in higher positions will use them and traffick them if they want. They wanted justice for their sons, fathers, husbands, and brothers who had lost lives to serve the pillars.

Yeon’s announcement reached every corner, alley, and street that anyone who is found breaking the laws and destroying public property will be punished immensely. He showed the gravity of this statement by putting the omegas behind bars. 

People were shocked. The once-called delicate and lower-hierarchy omegas showed such vigor while the betas and alphas remained hiding in their homes, contemplating what to do. 

They didn’t utter a word even when these omegas were chained and put in confinement. 

A few of them, feeling ashamed of their cowardness went ahead and joined the protest and were beaten badly by the police. 

Taehyung watched this turn of events silently through the screen as the news was broadcast on the television. 

He gravely looked at the cuffed hands of the omegas who were pushed into the vehicles.

He wanted to go and save them, but someone told him that if he did that each time, nothing would change. People have to understand and stand for their own rights and justice. 

Taehyung knew this was wise advice, but still watching it on the screen was painful.

“It is difficult to watch.” Jimin stops next to him, looking at the screen.

“My hands are tied for now, but this won’t always be the case.” Taehyung grits his teeth. This makes Jimin smile.

He has known Taehyung and knows that this man is not afraid to stand alone for the rights of the people. This is something he admires about Taehyung and wishes each of them should have.

“I understand. I can feel your anger, but you are directing it to the wrong person. Don’t you think Umbra knew the effect it would have on people by broadcasting these messages? Look at them closely...They are confused, frustrated, and angry, but still, lack understanding. They have no idea what they should do and whom they should rely on.”

Taehyung stares at the screen and watches the people standing there silently watching as the police take the omegas away. None of them come forward or speak a word.

Jimin is right. The people of Gandok have always been so dependent on the pillars that now when they are face to face with the truth, they are confused and helpless.

Jimin sighs watching Taehyung's clenched jaw. He pats Taehyung’s shoulder. “They will understand eventually. This is the bugle of the uprising.”

“Isn’t it ironic how the omegas are the ones acting in frontlines while the alphas are cowering in the dark?”

Jimin chuckles upon hearing it. Taehyung glances at him with a smile. Both of them then silently watch the report. They were standing in the department's gallery.