Ambivalent feelings

The post by Jeon’s made a sensation in and around Gandok. It was the talk of the town. 

The press and public were all discussing and coming up with their theories on the reason behind this post. It became the hottest topic in no time.

Whether it is public or private transport, people sitting in a park or an office, talking about this event was the only thing on their minds. A few of them even defended Sun magazine and found it pitiful. 

Within minutes, all the links and photos of the two big shots were taken down from the internet, and any other related articles were removed. 

A day later, Jeongguk walks out of his house with a report on the work done by his team. He glances at the pages and looks contented giving a small nod to the manager. This was like a compliment brightening the manager’s face.

Mr. Han hands Jeongguk the phone, whispering to him about the person on the call and the context. Jeongguk hums. He gestures to his men. They quickly come into action. 

Several identical cars line up. Jeongguk sits in one while speaking on the phone to one of his delegates. He seemed solemn while discussing the business.

As soon as they exit the mansion, a huge crowd of journalists tries to lunge at them. Jeongguk lifts his eyes as the faint flashes of the camera are heard, then focuses back on the document he is reading.

The journalists seemed frustrated with not being able to talk to Jeongguk. They tried to run and stop the way but were afraid of the guards. Jeongguk was driven away from the crowd easily.

Mr Han sighed as the way was cleared. He hears Jeongguk’s angry tone dismissing anything said by the person on the line. 

“When I have to cancel a deal, I contact in person and end things to make it very clear. I hope in future you are honest with your words and promises whenever doing business.” 

He disconnects the phone and puts it aside. Then takes out a water bottle and moistens his throat. Mr. Han glances at Jeongguk once, then sits quietly, studying the report.

Jeongguk, after resting for a day and getting his checkup done, was ready to join the office. Many things needed to be handled and he already had spent several days away from the office.

His doctor felt that being next to his mate during his heat was the factor for his calming so quickly or it would have taken a bit longer and could have affected Jeongguk’s mental state.

He also suggested keeping Taehyung close by to help his true blood alpha pheromones in check. Jeongguk knows he would have done it otherwise. 

He was anxious from the time Taehyung left the house, but he knew, that until Taehyung wanted to cling to him like old days, he wouldn't force him.

Mr. Han types something, then turns to inform Jeongguk. “The notice has made quite a number in Gandok and everyone is talking about it. They even claim you are rejecting the Lady softly and are fueling the fire between the families. We have reported these channels and taken down the articles, but the case has become sensitive.”

Mr. Han pauses, then after clicking a text he says. “The CEO of Sun magazine wants to have a word with you.”

Jeongguk caps the bottle. “Tell them to talk to my lawyer.” Mr. Han pauses upon hearing this. He pushes his specs back.

“There is no news from the office of the first pillar till now. We don’t know what Ji’s are planning. Your family called, if you want, I can connect the call.”