Accident or conspiracy?

Jeongguk hears about his mother's arrival while in the meeting. He asks his assistant to take care of things till the meeting ends.

Mrs. Jeon was used to this. She was mentally prepared that her son would not be available, and she would have to wait for a while to talk to him. That's how busy Jeongguk usually is.

She makes herself comfortable in the office and glances around at everything while she is served the tea.

Bella talks to Mr. Han about the workload and asks about her son's health. Mr. Han smiles while answering.

"Boss is good. He has recovered and is back to duty."

"Was it painful this time too?" She asks, concerned.

"It was bearable for him." Mr. Han answers. She looks at Mr. Han, skeptically, then nods.

She had once seen her son in pain and could not bear it. She was then determined to find a partner for him soon. Her son is special which made this task difficult, and his continuous unwillingness caused the delay.

"If you had been there with him then he would not have committed this mistake." Mr. Han becomes quiet upon hearing Bella.

He knew what she was talking about. However, prepared he may be Mrs. Jeon can be very harsh while enquiring about his son.

She takes a sip of the tea and moves her eyes to Mr. Han, studying him. "Still he would have told you about the notice. Yet you didn't stop him or inform us about this big step." She puts the cup down.

"It seems to be important for him to go out to this length. Can I know what compelled him to do this?"

Her piercing gaze was a bit similar to that of Jeongguk. Mr. Han was used to it, but it still caused a shiver down his spine.

"It is to stop the rumor from getting out of hand," Jeongguk answers, entering the room.

Jeongguk's mother looks at him in surprise. Then stands up, ready to pull him in a warm embrace. Her face softens. Jeongguk kisses her head like always and asks about her health and his brother and father.

She holds his hand and sits next to him on the sofa. "Your scent is different today," Bella enquires. Jeongguk smiles upon hearing it. He hums.

Bella waits for a reason but doesn't get any. She sighs, thinking it is because of the mix of scents in the meeting.

"You should have taken a rest for another day. Take care of your health. It would be better if you got a partner to help you and take care of you. Your mother will be less worried."

Jeongguk smiles, "I will when the time comes." The dark blue suit was contrasting with his skin, making it shine.

Jeongguk looked more relaxed today and a bit happy from the usual mood that he pulls daily. A little bit of softness in his features made him look younger and approachable, like the time when he was a kid.

Bella was mesmerized by the handsomeness of her son. She felt that this was the perfect time to make Jeongguk agree to the marriage and could not help but bring up the topic that was constantly bugging her.

"Sister-in-law is very worried about this new turn of events. She is angry with me for wasting time in saying yes to the proposal given by Mr. Ji. This time brother-in-law also seemed to be unhappy with your step. He asked me to talk to you and guide you."