The true-blood alpha is acting weirdly

Jeongguk stops in front of a room and unbuttons the first two buttons of his shirt. He inhales sharply as the effect of suppressants starts to wear off. He glances at Mr. Han in a pained and lazy way and asks.

"Has he left?"

Mr. Han was busy on the phone talking with the doctor, hearing Jeongguk, he quickly checked his wristwatch and answered vaguely.

"He might have reached the car by now."

Jeongguk frowns. "He is not that obedient."

This makes the assistant halt and disconnect the phone. He turns to the guard and gestures to him to check on the young master. The guard bows and leaves.

Jeongguk sighs, the heat has not yet taken control fully but has started to show signs. He leans on the wall, next to the door. "You should all leave quickly. Tell them to vacate and seal the place."

By sealing, he means to vacate the premises and close the doors for anyone's access inside or outside. The staff had to move to the outer area of the land in the cottages at a distance from the main house.

Mr. Han looks at him in concern. "The media will know about your absence. Do we have to give any statement?"

He asks quickly. Jeongguk disconnects himself from the outside world for his sanity. He doesn't remain in a state to think rationally and make decisions regarding the administration.

He pinches the bridge of his nose and wipes the beads of sweat on his forehead, then breathes a reply.

"No need. I will give a statement to the press later. Just leave." He says, concentrating on his breath.

It is the heat of a true blood quite different from any other group. He has it most difficult. Jeongguk doesn't go much into heat, it has only occurred once or twice and the intensity was not that high, still, he made all these preparations to not affect the lives of anyone close to him.

A true blood in heat becomes excessively territorial, aggressive, and cautious of the presence of other alphas around him. Now, since he has met his mate, these things will become more intense.

He could hear the guard transmitting the message to everyone to leave the house immediately. They were all prepared for it and had even rehearsed it.

In a minute, the attendants, guards, and other workers leave the place systematically and calmly not causing any noise or showing signs of fear or anxiousness.

Jeongguk sighed in relief, but it quickly turned into a painful growl as his body started to react to the heat. He curses under his breath and tries to stand straight. His eyes start to change color and the temperature of his body rises.

The amber eyes blink, and with a shaky breath, Jeongguk lifts his eyes looking at the corridor. His scent becomes strong and overwhelming. He scans the space and scrunches his nose smelling the faint foreign alpha pheromones in the air.

He huffs in annoyance, and a growl slips his mouth. A true-blood alpha in heat becomes territorial and cannot bear the scent of anyone in the place except him. His animalistic traits start to show, and the wolf-like nature begins to overcome his human instincts.

On the other side of the house, Taehyung had not moved and left the place. The guards were also there, stopping him from going further. No one spoke, but the tension in the air was visible.

Taehyung keeps staring at the place where Jeongguk went off a while ago. The guards blocked his way and Moon Goddess warned him, but he still wanted to be there. He was unsure if this was the right thing to do. His feet were not moving away from where his mate went.