Don't be afraid, I am here.

Jeongguk looks up from the paper at the attendees in the meeting. His gaze was sharp and his jaws clenched. Their meeting had been going on for two hours and the temperature in the room was quite high because Jeongguk was not at all satisfied with whatever was presented to him.

“If this is all you have prepared and worked so far. I have to question my ability to put you in this position. What made you think you can present this to me?” He scolds them.

The workers all shivered and look down in shame, their faces seemed like they were ready to cry any moment. Jeongguk pushes the file away. “Just a day you got to mend your mistakes.” The employees quickly nod. 

Jeongguk looks at each of them, “Your work holds the responsibility for Gandok, your families, and for our company. Any idea that you put here should be thought out by not being greedy for sales and fame. We already have that. Jeon Corporation works to make people feel safe and secure. The ideas you presented today should have been sold to money mongers, not in my office. Give in written to why I should not fire you.” 

He dismisses them. The employees all hurriedly bow to him and leaves, not able to breathe in the room anymore with the spike in Jeongguk’s angry pheromones. 

Jeongguk sighs and hands the papers to Mr. Han telling him to shred them. He leans on the chair and closes his eyes not able to sleep last night. “Keep an eye on their work.” He says, still irritated by the employees.

Mr. Han nods, notes several things, and then closes his laptop. The phone in the meeting room rings up loudly making Jeongguk groan. His assistant quickly takes the call and then informs Jeongguk that his father is waiting for him. 

Jeongguk frowns but quickly gets up to meet his father. It is not always that he comes to the office unless an urgent matter is to be addressed or Jeongguk needs him.

When Jeongguk reaches the room of his own office. Eric Jeon was sitting there with a somber face, looking at a business magazine on the success of several small industries. 

Jeongguk greets him sitting opposite to him. There was an awkward silence. Mr. Han wanted to leave but Eric stops him, so he just stays standing behind Jeongguk.

Jeongguk’s assistant has known him well and knows almost everything about him. There was no reason to keep him out of this talk. Eric was sure that maybe he will put some sense into Jeongguk if he as a father failed to do so.

“Mr. Ji called me today and told me about whatever happened on the base,” Eric says in a low voice.

Jeongguk expected something like this to happen, after releasing Taehyung he knew Yeon won’t be happy with him. He nods. “I released young master Kim and told Uncle Ji that my men will take over and deal with this matter in their way. We will keep a watch on the Kim family and stop their move against the ministry, if any.”

Eric was quiet and patient letting Jeongguk continue, “Kim family is important for Gandok and the oldest like us two. They have the right to carry that legacy and not be defamed without any proper evidence since we didn’t have any solid proof against Taehyung Kim. It was wrong to keep him in custody.”

Eric sighs “But you also promised if there are any wrongs done by Taehyung Kim, you are the one to be blamed for it?”

Jeongguk remains quiet. Eric takes off his glasses and rubs his eyes in tiredness, “Son…I hope you have a good reason for putting yourself in this situation.”

Jeongguk nods “I have.”

“But do you know the consequences of these words said by you?”