The Antihero Alpha

Taehyung was surprised to see that even after such a big incident, there was no protest or rage displayed by the people. No one seemed to care about these matters. The streets were silent, and people were busy with their work as usual as if nothing happened.

“Yeon has given strict orders against the protest. No one will dare nor, is there any use.” Jin says, reading Taehyung’s mind. 

“Peaceful protests are also to show that you want answers and care for the well-being of your people. It is a way to make the leader know that you are not supporting his decision that is made against them.” Taehyung says, looking out of the window. 

He could see the uniformed men holding arms and taking cover around the places. It was scarier than assurance. Jin gets busy on a business call while his father is in a different car. 

Having no one to talk to, Taehyung opens his phone and busies himself on the social app. He scrolls through his friends’ timelines and notices his friends from the college magazine department posting about the forest fire. 

They determined something was off about the situation. A thorough investigation was needed. They were dubious about the action taken by the officials.

Taehyung chews on his lips, contemplating whether he should support them, then gives their posts likes. He was proud of their guts for not supporting everything the government does, even though it may seem wrong. 

If the people are not caring about Yeon's actions, then they are crazy and living a life of a fad. It is easy to hold power over these kinds of thoughtless people and ruin their lives.

Then the thought to visit his friends crosses Taehyung’s mind. He looks at Jin on yet another call and calls his father instead, talking to him politely. 

“Can I stop by at my dorm, just for a while?”

His father was surprised to hear his request, but then there was no harm in it. Both he and Jin were feeling guilty, for being rude and raising their voice at Taehyung. 

Taehyung has always been straightforward with his thoughts and opinions. If he doesn’t like it, he will say it on the face. He never feared or hesitated to protest for things done against moral or ethical standards.

Gareth wanted him to understand that life becomes hard for people who follow this path. There are times when you need to act opposite to your nature. 

Gareth adores his son. He is proud of him. He knows both his sons are born to shine and bring a change in society. He is just afraid that they do not end up like his father.

Gareth agrees to Taehyung's request but on a condition. “I will excuse you from the meeting if you promise to be on time for lunch. I want you to meet our colleagues and get to know them.”

Taehyung nods happily and says yes. Gareth adds, “Drive back in the car sent to you, and don't react to anything anyone says there. You can inform us, we will deal with the situation.” 

Taehyung thanks his father and asks the driver to drop him at the dorm. When the car reaches the campus, Jin looks around, puzzled. Taehyung explains to Jin about his change of plan. 

Jin was stunned and wanted to interrogate and stop him, but the call was important. He could only question with his gaze and warn Taehyung to behave. 

Taehyung chuckles and waves at Jin while his brother tries hard to tell him to be serious and listen to what he has to say. The driver drives him away, making Taehyung grin in delight.