Suits you like your mate

Jeongguk inhales deeply. He was in a meeting when the sudden anxiousness hit him like the last time when Taehyung was in danger at the base. 

Not being able to reach the alpha, he prayed and wished hard to hear from him, and in the next moment, he heard Taehyung's voice.

It was a miracle. Jeongguk has still not adjusted to having a mate and now these differences and changes bring more shock to him. Nonetheless, he was happy and relieved that he could hear Taehyung.

 “I just felt like you are in trouble and tried reaching you.”

Taehyung scoffs upon hearing it. “I understand. Your worries would have lessened if I had listened to your advice of keeping the guards. Am I right?”

Jeongguk becomes silent upon hearing Taehyung's sarcastic tone. The Moon Goddess wanted to say something to Taehyung, but he doesn’t let her, continuing to speak to the true blood alpha.

“You don’t need to worry about me.” 

Jeongguk responds, his voice vibrating and causing an itch in Taehyung’s heart. “That is my part of the concern. Let me make this choice for myself. Taehyung...Were you in any trouble? I don't know how, but I felt your fear.” 

He speaks each word slowly and calmly, not wanting to hurt Taehyung or upset him more than he is now.

“I am an alpha. I can take care of myself.” Taehyung answers straightforwardly.

“Can you let me at least open up your worries and concern to me, if not as a mate, then as a friend, as your hyung, and as someone who has known each other for long? I want to get to know you more, fill in the gaps, and amend my mistakes. Am I not deserving of any of this?”

Taehyung throat bobs hearing the words. He wanted to agree, but the reality is not that beautiful. He looks around him at the dark forest and knows if Jeongguk finds out what he is up to, he will never accept him. 

He exhales his frustration and then smiles, his beautiful features exploding in handsomeness. “You know this mind link goes both ways and the best part is you can cut it when not required.” 

Taehyung closes his eyes. He could hear Jeongguk calling his name and in the next second, there was silence. 

He opens his eyes after a long pause. The mark on the forehead vanishes, and the heterochromatic color of the eyes returns. 

Taehyung looks down. His smile was gone, and so was his enthusiasm for being here. He wanted to return to his room and lie on his bed. This was once his dream, but now when it has become his reality, he is pushing it away. 

His head was still aching from the sudden contact with his mate. He meets Moon Goddess' gaze. 

“When were you going to tell me about it?”

The Moon Goddess looks at him in guilt and a mixture of joy and excitement. Before she could answer, Lucas runs to them with something in his hand. 

“Look, I found it.”

Taehyung and Moon Goddess focus on the book-like thing in his hand. “I wrote everything.” 

He grins, glancing at the bodies lying around. “You found them. My mates have helped in feeding and providing resources. ” He squats and caresses the face of one of the bodies.

"Finding them is not a problem in this forest. Some end their life on their own will while others killed to serve a purpose."

Taehyung narrows his eyes. He has his suspicion but still asks the question that has been bugging him. “How did you survive all this time?”