The dice in enemy's court

Jeongguk runs through the track early in the morning, the sweat dropping from his forehead, slipping through his neck, and soaking his sweatshirt. A few guards were standing on the turns, guarding, and alert if he needs any help. 

Jeongguk has to mostly busy himself with work and sometimes has irregular working hours so he maintained a strict routine of exercise every morning. The early morning run is very important for him and he never misses it since the time he joined the military, he has been regular in taking the morning exercise routine strictly. It also helps him to regulate his pheromones easily. 

He looks up at the rising sun, his eyes looking brighter in the morning orange light. He increases his speed and takes a few more laps before his watch rings and it was time for him to stop. He slows down, the attendants quickly come to him one having a towel and the other a bottle of water. One takes his headphones away. 

He goes inside to freshen up, he was at his home this weekend. Jeongguk has his own house, and it is convenient to be there after late hours or early morning of work but during weekends or special events, he stays at his parents’ home. 

Today is one of those days. He goes to his room knowing well his family will make the first meal a little longer for him with their gossip and plans for his future. This happens always. 

As he walks down after readying himself. His parents and brother were already settled in the dining, there was a loud and angry noise of his mother coming out. Jeongguk stops not being used to these loud noises and assesses the situation before joining them.

His mother was irritated with the subject of their conversation. Several maids greet him, and he nods at them but his attention was taken away by his mother.

“It seems like Kims don’t discipline him enough, is this how one should play with their history, he does it deliberately to pinch us. This happens when you don’t take responsibility as a parent.” Mrs. Jeon says and pushes the magazine away in disinterest.

Her younger son watches her and scolds, “Mama should not talk while eating.” He pushes his specs up.

Mrs. Jeon looks at her son lovingly and smiles “Baby it is you who is eating…just look at my little one, so well mannered.” She pats her son’s head. Then suddenly makes a face as if remembering something awful.

“Listen don’t talk to that hyung you met at the party again.” She tries to educate her son.

“Taehyung hyung?…” Jaehan recalls happily “He is nice. Why can’t I talk to him?” He asks puzzled. 

Mrs. Jeon makes a face hearing it “What is so good about him? You will have a wrong influence being by his side.”

Mr. Jeon glances up from his newspaper to his wife and shakes his head in disapproval, “Don’t teach him things like this, you have never met that boy for long how can you judge him?” Mr. Jeon asks.

Mrs. Jeon was not embarrassed by her actions and says “This magazine is proof of his rebellious nature and inadequate behavior. You men hide things but in my group of friends they were all mocking and whispering behind our backs, my poor sister-in-law was not able to say a word.” Mrs. Jeon says aggrieved just thinking of the party she attended and felt humiliated.

“Only you have the guts to call her poor.” Mr. Jeon was amused and goes back to reading the newspaper.

The long table had various dishes and beautiful antique cutleries and dishes. The food wafts mouth-watering smell. It was all prepared according to the likings of their elder son who has a very special day today. The proud parents were waiting for Jeongguk to begin the breakfast. Meanwhile, Mrs. Jeon read the article in the infamous magazine and fumed in anger. She has read it several times already.