Field X Talk

Killua and Gon arrvied in minutes. Not even the teachers were there yet. They glanced at each other.

"Now what?"

Killua scratched his head. They just ran here and forgot how different this world is...

"Let's go see how the students are doing. We're here as teacher assistants."

Gon frowned.

"Eh? We're going to work?"

"Duh. Come on."

Gon watched Killua run back. Man, I was hoping to spent more time together... He quickly followed. Catching up to the class was easy, they observed the students from up the trees. Between the two classes, class A moved through the forest faster. Made decisions quicker and combined their quirks in a more effective way than class B.

Yet, class B had better communication with each other. If class B had the same experience class A has been through, they would be moving at the same pace. Not to mention, Midoriya, Todoroki, Tenya, and Bakugo make way for their classmates.

They're essentially the leaders.
Killua stayed for an hour before he got bored and moved back to camp. The teachers should've arrived by now.

"Gon, lets head back!"

His head poked out from the tree leaves. A big smile on his face.

"Really? Finally!"

Izuku stopped mid attack.

"Gon?"

The dirt minion hit him square in the face, sending him flying.

"Midoriya!"

Jikes. Killua grabbed Gon and fled. Running back to camp where they stood beside Aizawa like nothing had happened. Aizawa felt a gust of wind, it was so abrupt he turned to the side.

"Jesus-! You two... Where did you come from...?"

Killua smiled.

"What do you mean? We've always been here."

"Uh huh. Sure."

"It's true! You can't sense us! We've been here."

Well, it's true that I can't sense them... Wait.

"Did you do something?"

"Whaaat? No, of course not."

Gon shook his head along. Yeah, they definitely did something...

"Did someone die?"

Killua paused. Is Izuku okay...?

"Uh... No?"

"....."

"Ah, there you are. Aizawa-"

Pixie stopped.

"Oh? When did you two get here? Well, whatever. We need hands in the kitchen!"

So Gon and Killua were forced to help around in the kitchen. Killua got to show his knife skills. Tiger had kneeled on the ground and called him 'master.'

"Yeah... No."

Gon is a fast worker. He gave needed ingredients before Mandalay asked for it. Kota came to the kitchen and walked to his aunt.

"Need help?"

She smiled at him. Waving a hand.

"No need. Go play."

He didn't move. There's nothing to play with here. It's boring. Mandalay noticed it. The students haven't arrived yet... Wait, Aizawa said that Gon and Killua are younger than the students...

"Gon, Killua. Can you two play with Kota?"

"What?"

"Hah?"

"Really?!"

She nodded.

"Go on you three, it's just stirring from now on."

Honestly, Killua isn't good with kids. Just look at his relationship with Kalluto. He would rather be in the kitchen. Thankfully, Gon took Kota and waved while leaving. Phew. Dodged that bullet.

"Kota, what would you like to play?"

The kid kicked a rock.

"I'm not playing with lame, wannabe heroes"

Gon tilted his head.

"But I'm not a hero?"

"You're not...? Then why are you here?"

"We have experience with... Villains. So we're here to help students."

Kota frowned.

"What's the difference then?"

Gon laughed, jumping up to a tree. Kota gasped.

"Whoah, what's that your quirk?"

"Maybe."

That cheeky grin on Gons face pissed Kota off. Challenge accepted. Kota started climbing the tree. Gon sat on a branch while swinging his legs.

"Hey Kota, why do you hate heroes?"

Kota answered while sitting on his own branch.

"Cause they're selfish."

Gon stayed silent. Kota clenched his hands.

"What's the point of saving others... By sacrificing yourself... And leaving me alone...?"

"... My dad abandoned me as a baby."

Kota flinched.

"He left me with my aunt, to pursue his dream. Sure, he left me clues to find him... But he still abandoned me. When I was little, I always wondered why he even had me..."

Kota saw Gon with his head down. He racked his brain for what to say.

"That's..."

"But."

Gon looked at him with a bright smile.

"It's thanks to his absence that I met my friends and the love of my life. It may seem cold to say this, but I'm glad he wasn't in my life."

"... Did you ever, try to look for him...?"

"Yeah, I even found him."

"How did it go?"

"He's an amazing person. But definitely not a father. I respect him a lot and hope to be a strong, smart and dependable person."

Someone worthy of Killua.

"Hmm... Why did you even tell me that?"

Gon scratched his head.

"Well, you told me something. I figured I should do the same."