Overhaul X Lair

Alluka opened her eyes to a pastel colored room. Toys and plushies surrounded a tiny bed where a young girl kept staring at her. Alluka waved with a small smile.

"Hi, I'm Alluka. You are?"

The girl flinched.

"E-Eri... How did you, get here?"

She ran to Eri and jumped on the bed to sit beside her. Glancing at her bandaged arms.

"I'm looking for my big brother."

Eri jumped at a sudden noise and pushed her off the bed.

"Ah, I'm sorry...!"

The door opened, a man in a white coat and black bird mask entered.

"Eri, who are you talking to?"

"N-no one..."

He took a step forward, making Eri flinch. She quickly got off the bed.

"Uh..."

She looked straight into the eyes of that mask.

"I-ive made a friend... Um, maybe you can't see her..."

He stared at her for a second, making her more nervous.

"... Understood."

With that whisper, he turned and left. Eri started at the door for a full minute, stopping when Alluka called out to her.

"I'm sorry for, pushing you. I couldn't let him know you were here..."

Alluka nodded with a smile.

"It's okay!"

"Shh! Please don't talk so loud...!"

Alluka covered her mouth.

"Ah, yes..."

Eri sighed in relief and glanced back at the door.

"Um, I don't know how you got here... But it's not safe. You should leave. There's ten minutes where the security isn't tight. I'll help you leave during that time."

Alluka looked around the room.

"Are you... Imprisoned here?"

Eri gave a slow nod. Touching the horn on her forehead.

"So..."

You're just like me... Eri stood up.

"Come on. You need to hide."

She pushed Alluka behind a wall of stuffed animals. Sadly, Eri didn't realize the small cameras hidden among the toys. Overhaul glanced at Illumi.

"Is she looking foryou?"

"No."

Illumi stared at Alluka through the screen. She looked straight at the camera. Ignoring Eri to pick up a toy bunny and rip out one eye, a small camera was attached behind it. Eri flinched, growing pale each second. Alluka crushed the camera making Eri fall on her knees.

"It's over... He knows..."

Not even a minute later, the door opened and Overhaul entered along with Illumi. Alluka stood in front of Eri and pointed at Illumi.

"You, where's my big brother?"

Illumi tilted his head.

"How did you get here?"

Alluka repeated his action.

"The same way you did. Where is he?"

Her cold gaze made Illumi nod.

"You're a Zoldyck alright... Follow me, I'll take you to Killua."

Alluka stared at Overhaul instead of moving. She could feel the tight grip Eri had on her sleeve.

"I'm not leaving, unless she goes with me."

Overhaul stretched his hand towards them.

"That won't be necessary, right? Eri."

If Overhaul takes his glove off, a single touch is enough to kill Alluka. Eri bit her lip and slowly walked to him. But a hug kept her in place. She looked up at Alluka who was looking at Illumi. Overhaul narrowed his eyes and took a step forward.

"Okay, Eri can come."

"What? That's not what we agreed on."

Illumi ignored him and walked away. Alluka gently pushed Eri forward and followed after him. Overhaul stared at the door.

"....."

Who's the boss? I'm the boss! He followed after them with a frown. Eri held the hands resting on her shoulders while looking around. She could feel Overhauls gaze on her, which made her scars itch. She looked up at Alluka who gave her a smile.

Illumi opened a door and let them enter first. He stayed outside with Overhaul.

"What the hell?"

"Killua cares for it- her. For some reason."

"I don't care about that. Did you forget our deal? You protect Eri and I'll giveyou the quirk erasing bullet."

Illumi nodded.

"Yes. That's the deal we made."

Overhaul scoffed.

"So why is Eri outside her room?"

"Because it- she wanted to bring her out."

"...."

Is this fish eyes even hearing me!? Now I see why Hisoka always talked!

"Are we done?"

Illumi entered the room and closed it. Overhaul stared at the door in silence.

"... I'm gonna kill him..."

Overhaul kicked the door opened and took a seat beside Illumi. He glared at Eri the whole time. Alluka shielded her eyes from him and looked at Illumi.

"Control your bird."

Me? Bird? Control?! Illumi didn't even look at him.

"Leave."

"......"

Eri flinched at the slamming door. Someone's dying today... Illumi started.

"Now. That girl is staying here until I get what I want. Buy I'll drop you off to Killua."

Oh, is Alluka leaving?

"And Eri?"

"She will stay here."

Eri looked up at her. Seeing her frown.

"Um, I'll be fine. You should look for your brother, he must be worried."

Alluka stared at her little face.

"....."

Nanika, we agreed on a place near our big brother. Why did you bring me here?

'Aigh.'

Alluka smiled. She hugged Eri, making her blink in confusion. You're right. We should protect her. I'm sorry big brother Killua, we'll see you much later.