Mistake?

Liz stepped outside to answer a phone call. The caller ID read: demonic mouse. Upon answering, Nezu spoke.

"Liz, I got you some new clients. Can you see them tomorrow?"

"... Are you serious?"

The last time he did this, Liz talked to four people from another world. She had a bad feeling about this.

"Sadly yes, I have two of our wanted villains here. Saying they want to join UA."

"No way in hell. They trespassed your security?"

"Yes, just checked my cameras. No trace of them. My system has been beaten. Hehe..."

That's a creepy laugh there... Liz rubbed her aching forehead.

"You're seriously going to make me talk to villains...?"

"I know you won't pass on this opportunity. Don't worry, you'll have maximum security."

"That'll make them kill me faster..."

Liz rubbed her forehead. After her first session with those four, Kurapika was the only one that continued the sessions. Their world is so different, and knowledge never killed anybody so... Why would she say no?

"You want the usual?"

Nezi giggled.

"You know me so well."

After hanging up, Liz placed her phone inside her pocket. She turned around, flinching at the sight of Killua staring at her.

"Jesus, you scared me..."

"Those villains, are Hisoka and Illumi?"

Liz sighed.

"Since you know that much, mind telling me more?"

"Nah, I won't spoil the fun."

Normally, Killua would've left by now. Liz leaned on the wall opposite him.

"What's wrong?"

Killua scoffed when he saw her imitating his pose. He shaked his head.

"It's nothing just... I feel like an idiot."

"Why? Exactly?"

Killua  took a deep breath, exhaling sharply before talking.

"Gon got injured yesterday. Bullet wound to his shoulder, and he didn't tell me anything. I found out by accident. And well, I've been really mad at him for that."

Killua scratched his head in irritation.

"God, why am I telling you this?"

"And why do you feellike an idiot for that? You care a lot for him, it's normal for you to feel mad when he doesn't tell you he's hurt."

"... I've been ignoring him since I found out, I don't know. I guess I just... Thought that would make him think about why I'm mad? Like a punishment?"

Liz took her phone and typed something really fast.

"So you haven't talked to him? You haven't tried to communicate through this together?"

"What would I say? Really? Hey, why can't you trust me enought to tell me when you've been shot?"

"So for you, this is an issue of trust."

"Duh, that's why he didn't tell me anything! He doesn't trust me! This isn't the first time he's been reckless or kept to himself... I thought everything was fine now..."

Liz typed on her phone before looking back at him.

"Killua, what if he didn't tell you; because he didn't want to worry you?"

"Worry me?"

Killua was about to deny it, but then he thought about it.

"You tend to be overprotective with those you love. And thus, worry and put your worth on how useful you are to them."

"What?"

"I remember what you told me, about greed island. How you injured your hands really badly from helping Gon."

"... So?"

"You sounded really proud about what you did back them. But, don't you think it's odd? Helping a friend is normal, but you took it a step forward. Silently enduring tremendous amount of pain. Sure, maybe that's normal for you. But you sacrificed your hands for Gon, something critical for an assassin. Killua, how far will you go for him?"

"...."

"Back then, you didn't tell him about your injury, right?"

"... No."

"Was that because you didn't trust him?"

Killua shaked his head.

"Gon is different compared to how he was before, no? More mature in his own way. Maybe you can talk to him in ways you couldn't before?"

".... You're right."

Killua stopped leaning on the wall.

"Uh, thanks..."

His embarrassment made Liz smile.

"Anytime."

----

Aizawa pretended to scroll through his phone while watching Eri and Alluka play with stuffed animals. Alluka had a white haired dooll and Eri held a tiny bunny with red eyes in her small arms. It was the first gift she has ever received from someone other than Overhaul.

Alluka smiled at her.

"Eri, you really like my gift?"

Eri nodded. She stared at the little bunny while Alluka kept talking.

"Do you still have nightmares?"

Aizawa stopped scrolling, he glanced up. Seeing Eri nod her head. Alluka hummed while playing with the dolls arms.

"Back when big brother Killua rescued us, I had nightmares for a while. I was worried it was all a dream. That i would wake up and be back inside that room."

Eri hugged her doll tighter.

"Did your dreams change?"

"... Hmm. Now, everyone here is killed and... I'm brought back there..."

Eri looked at the bunny in her arms.

"It's not a lie, right? Allu... Am I really save here...? He won't find me?"

Alluka nodded.

"Of course!"

She could tell Eri still had doubts.

"Uh, hero sir!"

Aizawa looked at them.

"It's true no? The heroes will protect her? Right?"

Something about the way she said it had Aizawa worried...

"Of course. Eri is now under UA protection. She's our first priority."

Alluka nodded.

"See? They will die for you!"

Eri flinched. Aizawa quickly intervened.

"No one's dying."

Alluka giggled while Eri frowned in confusion. Killua opened the door.

"Old man, take care of them."

"Hah?"

Alluka stood up in the bed.

"Where are you going?"

She suddenly smiled.

"You're gonna talk to big brother Gon?"

Killua opened his mouth to refute. But he quickly closed it in embarrassment.

"You listen to the hobo, okay?"

"Hobo?!"

"Okay! Good luck! You can do it!"

Killua closed the door and ran home.