Berry sorry

Lee clutched the little strawberry plush toy Tom bought for Avery. He slowly walked to the cafeteria where Avery was eating lunch by herself. Tom didn't want to accompany his boyfriend as he was afraid Avery would simply leave. Their plan was to get her to forgive them both. Mostly Tom. Tom was the one that screwed it up most.

Lee stepped in the cafeteria and flipped the blonde hair. He was still wearing his costume and he was starting to get annoyed. The wig was bothering him and his scalp itched so bad. Avery never put his wig on so sloppy. He definitely needed her to forgive him.

He approached the booth and held the stuffed toy in front of his face, hiding his shame. As Avery heard footsteps coming towards her, she stopped eating her spaghetti and looked up. Even though Lee was hiding his face behind the toy, his costume gave him away.

"What do you want?" She frowned wiping her mouth with a napkin and straightened herself up, trying to make it look like she doesn't really care. Lee peeked at her from behind the toy, giving her puppy dog eyes. He sat down in the booth across from her, gently handing her his present.

"Me and Tom are berry sorry." He pouted as she took the toy in her hands, examining it. The toy was obviously bigger than Lee's head and it was bright red, just like actual strawberries. And she found it cute. But she didn't want them to be let go that easily.

"Ah. I see." She nodded approvingly and looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. Lee stopped pouting and started to smile, only for his smile to be slapped off by her words.

"I'm still not forgiving you." She set the toy on the table and stood up, grabbing her jacket and left the cafeteria. Lee sighed and pulled the plate of half eaten spaghetti and twirled some on the fork and ate it. Not even a minute later Avery walked back to the booth and Lee looked at her with hoping eyes.

"I'm just.. Taking strawberry." Avery frowned at him eating her left over spaghetti and rushed out of the place.

Lee decided that Tom would know best what to do next. He sent him a text of his whereabouts and Tom walked in the cafeteria 10 minutes later. Lee already finished the plate when Tom sat down where Avery previously sat at.

"Okay. I'm here." Tom said as he took off his jacket and glanced at Lee's finished plate.

"I just finished Avery's spaghetti. Nothing weird." Lee shrugged defensively and pushed the plate further away from him. Tom sighed and checked the time on his phone.

"I'm guessing she didn't accept our apology. Where's the plush toy?" Tom asked and leaned over the table, looking at Lee's seat. The strawberry wasn't there.

"No, she took it with her. But left the apology here!" Lee whined and buried his face in his hands, peeking at Tom through his fingers. Tom looked at him apologetically, knowing it was his fault.

"And my wig is horrible! My whole head is itchy! My new artist is so sloppy!" Lee screamed and went through the wig with his fingers, pulling it off and launching it into the next booth.

"Calm down, Lee. I have a plan. It's 7 pm now. Orlando is going on a dinner with some co-starts and Avery will be home alone. We can go to her house and if she doesn't answer the door, we throw pebbles at her window until she lets us in. Or calls the cops. And when Orlando falls asleep, sexy time!" Tom finished his plan and thrusted his hips under the table. Lee only glared at him and shook his head, still scratching his head.

2 hours later

Tom was furiously pressing the doorbell, holding a large bouquet of red roses in his arm while was holding a gift bag full of chocolate bars and pralines. Tom was getting impatient, Lee was just calmly waiting for Avery to answer the door.

"Maybe she's watching tv in her room." Lee shrugged and Tom nodded, abandoning the doorbell and walked around the house. Lee followed him and bumped into his back when Tom stopped abruptly, right underneath Avery's window. Conveniently, there was a path made of pebbles few feet from where the two men were standing. Tom shoved the bouquet in Lee's arms and made his way to the pebbles, grabbed a handful and went back to Lee.

"I'll throw these at her window. She better answer." Lee frowned at Tom's words and stood beside him, praying in his head everything would go well.

After Tom threw first few pebbles, nothing happened. He threw a few more and the light turned on but Avery didn't open her window. Tom groaned and went back to the pebble path, finding a rock the size of his fist. He almost threw it at her window if Lee wouldn't drop the roses and gift bag in order to stop him from breaking the window. Lastly, Avery did open her window. She leaned her hands on the shelf, looking down at Tom and Lee.

"Can you not?! I'm trying to watch a movie!" She whispered/shouted at them both. They looked at each other before Tom grabbed the bouquet and attempted to climb the wall. Avery shook her head and shut the window, causing Tom to fall on his butt in surprise. After Lee helped his boyfriend up, Avery walked up to them from behind the corner.

"What do you want?" She sighed as she crossed her arms, looking from Tom to Lee. Lee walked to Avery and shyly handed her the gift bag while Tom stood behind Lee. Avery looked down at the bag and took it from Lee's hand, but didn't look inside. Immediately, Tom went down on his knees and held up the bouquet, looking at her with his best, innocent look he could possibly give her.

"Please forgive us. Me. I fucked up most. I'm sorry." Tom whispered and held the bouquet higher, offering it to her. She hesitantly took it, smelling the roses. At that moment, Lee also went to his knees, next to Tom. Avery looked at both men, then glanced at the gifts.

"You're not proposing.. Are you?" She widened her eyes and stepped back. They shook their heads and quickly stood back up, staring at her expectantly.

"We just really need you to give us a chance. We'll behave." Lee said and smiled, holding out his hand to her, as Tom stood there, waiting for her answer