Horror at the Myrtle's

Avery had a stare down contest with Tom while Lee tried to calm them down. Without success.
"Why do you always have to be such a jerk?!" Avery asked Tom as she flailed her hands around.
"Always?! How about the time you made out with me while Lee sucked my dick?!" Tom yelled back and pointed at Lee. Lee took a few steps back to avoid any stray slaps.
Avery frowned and looked at Lee then back at Tom and simply turned around, walking away.
"Now what did I do?" Tom whined and threw his hands up in the air, a clear sign of defeat.
"You don't bring in sexual activities a fight." Lee growled and slapped his boyfriend on the back of his head.
"Come." He grabbed Tom's hand and dragged him to the same spot they were previously at with Avery.
"What are we doing?" Tom asked excitedly, looking around the beach for hints.
"Avery wants a blue conch shell, right?" Lee asked and looked at the ocean.
"Yes.." Tom trailed off, also staring at the ocean.
"Then we get her a blue conch shell." He smiled and started walking towards the water. He scanned the beach and the shallow water, for a chance the conch was waiting for them already.
"Guess were gonna have to dive." Tom declared and shrugged, feeling a little worried. He never dived without a mask or oxygen tank.
"Hey. I love you." Lee whispered and gently pulled Tom towards him. He kissed his lips passionately, knowing they haven't really had time for each other since they fell in love with Avery. Tom eagerly kissed him back, squeezing tightly to him. Lee let him go a little too soon, walked further in the water and dived in. Tom watched him with happiness radiating off of him, until he realized.
"Wait you didn't do that because you might drown, right?!" Tom yelled worriedly and ran after him, diving in the same spot Lee did. He could see Lee diving through the clear water, towards a spikey looking thing. A conch!
But before he could dive towards his boyfriend, a sudden change of the current whisked him away. Lee hasn't noticed Tom disappear and he triumphly resurfaced, holding the empty shell. Tom was nowhere to be seen but Lee wasn't worried, Tom always wandered off. He ran to the car and placed the shell in the trunk.
"Now I'll just wait for Tom.." Lee frowned as he watched the waves and thought he saw someone floating in the water, surrounded by something red..
"Fuck! Tom!" He screamed and ran as fast as he could towards the body. He wrapped his arms around his torso and dragged him on the shore. Tom was unconscious but still breathing, so that was good.
Lee groaned and ran to his car again, to retrieve his phone and call an ambulance.
"There's a man on the beach, he was floating in the water. He's a live but unconscious and there's a big gash on the side of his head!" Lee frantically yelled in the phone while the dispacher tried to calm him down.
"Where... We're at the Myrtle beach!" He gasped as he saw the board. They where they are. They will come and take care of Tom. Now all he could do, was wait. He won't let Avery know until Tom is safe and stable in the hospital.
In about 4 minutes, the ambulance arrived and they quickly walked to Tom and Lee. Two placed him on the stretcher while one checked his stability.
They carried him in the ambulance, without any word to Lee. He didn't even care, Tom was in the ambulance and he will be safe. Now he just needed to tell Avery. He knew she was home by now.
As fast as he could, he got into his car and drove off to her house. His head was a mess, inside and out. He didn't know what to do, the situation didn't even completely sink in.
He slammed on the breaks only few feet away from the wall of the little house. He took a deep breath and prepared to face her, but before he could do that, Avery already walked out to get an explanation why Lee was back. Without Tom.
Lee leaned over and opened the passengers door. Avery sat on the seat with no questions, as she looked at Lee, waiting for him to speak.
"Tom is at the hospital. He had an accident." Lee explained slowly, avoiding Avery's gaze.
"What happened?" She asked in a whisper, her eyes stuck on Lee.
"We went diving. I don't know... He just appeared in the water. Floating. Unconscious. Surrounded by his own blood." He explained and closed his eyes to prevent himself from crying.
"Why did you go? You know those waters aren't safe for diving." Avery scolded him gently, as she moved closer to pull him in her arms. He complied with no refusal. He simply broke down and let his tears flow free.
"We wanted to find that shell for you. To tell you we're sorry again and to let you know how much you mean to us." He choked out between sobs.
"You didn't need to.. Oh god." She sighed and tightened her embrace.
"I'm sorry. So sorry. We love you way too much." He shook his head and looked up at her, wiping his tears away.
"What happened back there.. It's forgotten. Tom is all that matters right now." Avery nodded and let him go. She closed the car door and buckled her seat belt.
Lee turned on his car and they drove off to the hospital. As they drove, Avery observed the scenery and soon realized this was the same road that led to the set.
After about 15 minutes of driving, they passed the studio and drove for another 15 minutes until they arrived at their destination. With deep breaths they got out of the car and approached the hospital's front door.
"I can't do this." She sighed and turned her back to the door.
"What?" Lee asked confused and hurt. Did she really not wanted to see Tom?
"I'm scared of hospitals. They smell too sterile and nurses are silently judging you." She whispered and looked around, as if nurses were hiding in bushes to eavesdrop on their conversation.
"I'll be with you all the way." He smiled gently and took her hand in his, leading her inside.
They didn't ask what room Tom was in, to avoid people overhearing he was hospitalized. Instead, they searched for it themselves. They found it soon, but before they walked in, Avery stopped abruptly.
"What if.. What if he won't remember us?" She asked as she watched Tom through the window. He was awake and reading The great Gatsby, which meant he was fine.
"Lets just go." Lee sighed and braced himself for the worst. He walked in and Tom noticed them immediately. He smiled upon seeing Lee, but frowned when he saw Avery.
"I thought you hated me." Tom frowned and put the book away, but not before marking the page he left at.
"No. I don't. I could never hate you." She stepped closer to him, stopping by the foot of his bed.
"Well, good then." Tom smiled and glanced down at his lap.
"How do you feel, love?" Lee asked as he sat down on the edge of the bed and clasped one of his hands in his own.
"Dreadful. I hurt Avery and I made you worry." He frowned and stole a peek at her. She looked like she was about to cry.
"He meant your head." She whispered and took a deep breath. She didn't look at him, but at the floor.
"I'll only tell if you come closer." He whispered and as soon as he said those words, Avery pretty much threw herself in his arms. He happily wrapped his arms around her as Lee wrapped his around them both, thus making it a group bear hug.
"My head is fine, actually. I'll be able to go home in 5 days. They said I was lucky. " Tom answered Lee's question once both let him go so he could breathe.
Just as Lee wanted to say something, a doctor and a nurse walked in. Without words, the doctor checked Tom's diagnosis while the nurse injected a liquid in the bag filled with liquid which was hanging off a pole.
"Tom received a medicine, which will cause him to fall asleep in a minute. Please do not disturb the patient. If you wish to stay, there's a couch and 2 chairs." The doctor explained and as fast as he and the nurse entered, they left.
"We stay." Avery said and kissed Tom's lips. Lee smiled and kissed him as well, once Avery was out of the way.
"So we're okay now?" Tom asked, already feeling drowsy.
Avery only nodded, as she sat down on the couch. Lee sat down next to her and both watched Tom fall asleep

.