Berry sorry pt. 2

Avery stood on the pebble path speechless. They weren't proposing to her so that was a big plus. She simply shook her head and waved her hand, beckoning them over as she turned around and left. Tom and Lee hurried after her, feeling hopeful.

"I think she forgave us!" Tom commented excitedly as they followed Avery inside her house.

"I don't think she did. She didn't even say anything. It's not a good thing when a woman just stares at you, being super quiet. It's never a good thing. Never!" Lee spoke with a desperate tone which shut Tom up. As they walked inside, Lee closed and locked the front door behind him. Now they both stared at Avery, eager to know her answer.

Still not talking, she walked in the kitchen and poured water in a vase, where she set the roses after she took the paper off. Then she emptied the gift bag, chocolate bars and boxes flying all over the table. She stared at them intently before looking up at Lee and Tom.

"You're gonna bake me a cake. Chocolate cake. If it's delicious, I'll forgive you." She smirked and grabbed 7 chocolate bars, putting them on the counter. Then she went into the pantry, rummaged through the shelves and came back with bags of flour, sugar, cocoa and cake decorations. She set them down next to the chocolate bars and sat on a stool, leaned her head on her hands and watched the two men. She actually forgave them when she saw them underneath her window, but playing with them a bit wouldn't hurt.

"You've got one hour, go." She smiled and handed them a cake recipes book. Lee cautiously took it from her hands and searched for the recipe, while Tom stared at her, with a scared expression on his face.

"Everything else you'll need, is in the fridge or cupboards." Avery nodded, continuing to stare at Tom and Lee. Tom briefly nodded and took two mixing bowls from the cupboard while Lee opened the fridge to get the remaining ingredients.

"You make the batter for the spongy biscuit, I'll make the ganasche." Lee smiled widely and placed a pot on the stove, throwing in butter and chocolate, turned on the stove and stepped back with crossed arms, waiting. Meanwhile, Tom mixed together eggs, butter and sugar, then stirred in the flour, cocoa and baking powder. He grabbed a cake pan from the pantry and poured the batter in then shoved everything in the oven.

Lee took the melted chocolate off the stove and set it aside, then stirred in cream and sugar. He nodded to himself, feeling proud and put the pot in the fridge so the ganasche will cool down. After they were done with the first part, they sat down across from Avery, smiling while looking at her.

"The cake will be delicious." Tom smiled proudly and Lee nodded firmly in agreement. Avery said nothing but stared at them, trying to look serious.

They waited for the ding anxiously and once the sponge was baked, Tom hurried to get it out of the oven. He set it on the table and stared at it, with a frown on his face.

"I think we need to wait for it to get cold." He nodded pretending to be an expert although, this was the first time he baked anything. While they were waiting, Lee quickly made butter cream, which consisted of only butter and powdered sugar. He put that in the fridge too and after 15 minutes of staring at each other and Tom sweating nervously, the cake was ready to be put together.

Tom cut the sponge in 3 thin layers and let Lee smear ganasche over them and put the cake together in a plate. Then, Tom coated it with butter cream and Lee sprinkled it with brown&white chocolate sprinkles. It was ready to taste. Lee took a plates and a forks while cut 3 slices, putting them on plates and slid one to Avery, handing her the fork. They sat down again and looked at Avery, waiting excitedly. They followed the recipe exactly, so the cake should be very, very delicious. Avery took a small bite out of the slice, chewing slowly just to annoy them more.

"It's delicious." She raised her eyebrow at Tom and Lee. Tom smiled and banged his fist on the table in triumph while Lee did a hip dance on the stool. Avery watched them with a wide smile on her face which alarmed Lee that something suspicious was going on.

"You forgave us long time ago, didn't you?" Lee gasped and stopped his dance. Tom stopped eating his slice of cake and looked at Avery sternly.

"I just wanted cake." She giggled and looked at Lee who stared at her, pouting. Tom still had his stern look on his face and it obvious by now, that they were plotting something. Within a second, Lee rose from his chair and playfully tackled Avery on the ground, both laughing.

"Oh you won't be laughing for long!" Tom shouted and joined Lee in their revenge. He started tickling her sides while Lee held her against his chest. Avery squirmed in his arms, screaming and laughing at the top of her lungs.

After a while, the torment stopped. They were catching their breaths and glancing at each other. All of a sudden, Lee attacked her face with kisses. Tom joined him, and again, Avery was laughing at their playfulness and squirmed in their arms as they both were holding her now.

"Stop!" She yelled in between her laughs, happy tears streaming down her face. She quickly wiped them off and sat up, facing them both.

"We're okay now?" Tom asked as he sat up and crossed his ankles, while Lee remained lying on the floor. Avery nodded and smiled, then stood up and walked to the table to put the cake in the fridge and the dishes in the sink.

"It's still gonna be a long way, but we can make it." Lee said and grinned as he went over to the sink to wash the dishes and put them away. Tom watched them both for a moment before he went to the living room to sit down. Avery quickly pulled him up by his hands and dragged him upstairs.

"Sexy time?" He asked hopefully and Avery turned around, smacking him on top of his head.

"Cuddle time." She said in a low voice and ushered him in her bedroom, where Lee was already lying in her bed with the covers up to his chin and his clothes on the floor. Tom went over and pulled off his clothes while Avery changed into her pajamas in the bathroom. When she came back, she crawled in the middle of her bed, snuggling closely to Lee and Tom.

"My head is still itchy!" Lee complained and scratched his head, ruffling his hair until it looked like he slept for days. Avery cooed at him and rubbed his cheek as he laid his head on her stomach. Tom sighed happily and scooted to Avery and Lee as close as he could, burying his face in her neck and stroked Lee's hair.