Meaningless threats

''Eat it!'' Lee commanded in a very harsh tone, holding a piece of chicken on a fork and offering it to Tom.

At this point, Lee and Avery were battling with Tom, who refused to eat.

''It tastes like feet!'' Tom whined and turned his head away from the offered food.

"I'm surprised you know how feet taste like." Avery commented on Tom's comment, staring at her lover. Tom stared right back at her and soon they were holding a stare down, with Lee pointing the fork at Tom's lips.

"I just know." Tom mumbled and glanced up at Lee, before he glanced back down.

"Oh. I see. Foot fetish." Avery cringed at that and grabbed her purse, taking out some change.

"Where you going?" Lee asked as he was getting prepared to sit on top of Tom, shoving a piece of potato in his mouth.

"Coffee. We need it." She responded and gave Lee a small peck on his lips. Tom beamed up at her, expecting a kiss too.

"You get yours when you eat something." Lee growled at him, watching as Tom chewed on the chicken painfully slow.

Avery left the pair as she slowly walked to the coffee machine, feeling tired. She didn't notice a young nurse trailing after her, almost stalking her.

"Hi." The nurse spoke as she was closely behind Avery. The voice spooked her and she almost dropped her change.

"I'm Jenny. And I'll have what you're having." She grinned as Avery stared at her dumbfounded.

"Okay." Avery just shrugged and collected her first irish cappuccino. She was used of weird people saying weird things to her all the time.

"I don't think you understand me." Jenny said as she roughly turned Avery around so they were looking at Lee talking to Tom in his hospital room.

"I'll have. What you. Are having." Jenny whispered in her ear, staring at the two men with lust in her eyes, as Avery trembled in her arms.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Avery spoke as she set the three cappuccinos on a plastic tray, putting the tray on a nearby table as she faced the frightening nurse.

"Don't lie. I saw you." Jenny looked at her in disgust as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'm sure that whatever you saw, isn't exactly what you saw." Avery stuttered as she desperately tried to get out of the situation.

"I saw you in a full make out session with Lee. And Tom. And Tom with Lee. I want that! They belong to me!"
Jenny growled in her face, their noses inches apart as it was her way of trying to intimidate Avery.

"So here's what you're gonna do. You're gonna tell them you can't do this threesome anymore. You'll tell them you found a better replacement of you. You're gonna break their hearts and I'll be there to pick up the pieces." And with that said, Jenny turned and hit Avery with her ridiculously long pony tail as she walked away.

Avery stood by the vending machine terrified, not sure what to think of the incident. She wasn't sure if she should be scared that someone figure out their relationship or that she might lose them both.

With shaky hands, she took the tray of cappuccinos and walked back to the hospital room. She opened the door, lingering by the entrance of the room before she stepped in.

"Look! He ate it all!! " Lee exclaimed as he noticed his girlfriend walk in. She stared at him speechless, as Lee climbed off the hospital bed and took the tray.

"I think she's onto us, babe." Tom whispered, wiggling his feet under the sheet as he watched Avery. He shook his head, glancing at Lee as he pointed at him, "He ate it all."

Avery nodded in acknowledgement, but didn't say a word to either of them. She felt like she would burst into tears at any second if she would speak.

"Did we say something?" Lee asked as he approached his girlfriend, taking her hands in his as he observed her.

"N-no." She managed to choke out as a tear slid down her cheek. Tom rose up in his bed to get a better look, cursing that he couldn't get up just yet.
"I'm on my period." She barely whispered as she stepped away from Lee, grabbed her purse and ran off into the nearest bathroom.

"She's not." Tom shook his head as he lied back down, staring at the door.

"Should I go after her? " Lee asked as he looked his boyfriend, unsure of what to do next.

"You should. I'll be fine." Tom smiled and Lee walked to him, pressing his lips against Tom's for a few seconds in a tender kiss.

"I'll be back." Lee winked and walked off in the same direction as Avery, stopping in front of the women's bathroom.

"So Schwarzenegger." Tom giggled to himself as he grabbed a book off his night stand to read where he left off.

Meanwhile, Lee contemplated whether or not he should walk in. So he did.

Avery stood in front if the mirror, her purse lying on the counter with it's contents lying here and there. He made sure he was quiet as he approached her, as she covered her face with her hands and sobbed silently.

"Avery." Lee whispered as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into his chest. She complied as she immediately leaned into him for support.

"I don't know what's going on here, but I'm sure it'll be alright." He sighed as he caressed her hair, kissing her forehead affectionately.

"She threatened me." She sobbed into his chest, her tears staining his white shirt, but he didn't care.

"Who?" He asked her, rage building up in him as he lifted her head up to look at her.

"The nurse that's taking care of Tom." She sobbed, hiding her face into his chest. He exhaled rather loudly, trying not to burst out in anger.

"Oh yeah? What'd she say?" He asked again, his jaw clenching at the thought of a lowly nurse threatening his love.

"That... That I have to break your hearts so she will be there to pick up the pieces. She wants to take my place in our relationship or else she'll leak it out." Avery choked on her tears as she looked away from Lee, feeling as if this was all her fault.

"That will never happen. I will murder her if I have to." He growled and released her from his grip as he began to collect her belongings back into her purse.

"Don't ..." She whispered and frowned, watching him as he zipped her purse close and flung it over his shoulder.

"Look, we'll take care of this. One way or another." He smiled and kissed her, taking her hand in his and walked back to Tom's room.

Tom waited for them eagerly, his book placed on the night stand as he was "dying" to find out what was wrong with their beloved partner.

"So here's the deal." Lee spoke as he sat down on a chair next to Tom and set Avery's purse on the table, while she sat down on a sofa and stared at the floor.

"Someone knows about us. More specifically, the nurse Jenny." Lee spoke as he held Tom's hand, while Tom stared at Avery. It just got to him that that's why she was so upset.

"Did you tell?" Tom whispered his question at Avery. Lee squeezed his hand to get his attention.

"She didn't tell, Tom. We were seen."