Completely unexpected

Tom stared at her feeling confused. She did leaned in to give him a kiss, like the one she gave to Lee. Maybe she was still shy around him? He frowned and puckered up his lips to encourage her giving him a kiss too. But damn, that girl was fixed on something behind Tom. Unfortunately, by the time Tom turned around or Lee acknowledged anything fishy going on, Orlando was gone.
"Why don't you kiss me?!" Tom whined and stomped his foot, unwrapped his arms from Avery and crossed them over his chest.
Avery glanced at him and frowned, pulling away from both men. At that moment she was too confused to explain the sudden change in the mood. She didn't feel like explaining them now, they just needed to get away. Now.
"We should go. To your hotel." She finally said and nodded, more to herself than any of them.
"But didn't you want to spend time here?" Lee asked in a slow motion, processing what was going on in his own head.
"I thought you loved us." Tom sighed and ran his hands through his hair, before slowly walking away from the scene.
"No, I do. But. I'll explain when we get to the hotel. Please." She begged Tom as she went after him, almost bumping into his back. He was standing still, waiting for Lee and Avery to follow. He was a little pissed that Avery ended their day like this, after a few minutes of fun but he was sure she had a valid explanation.
"Let's go." Lee whispered and took Tom's hand in his own. He only glanced at Avery and continued walking back towards their parked car. Again, they hated her.
"You don't need to explain anything, Avery. I'll explain." Said Orlando, whom was waiting for the trio right beside Lee's car. Avery abruptly stopped behind Tom and Lee, staring at her uncle in disbelief. Somehow, he found out. And it sure won't end nicely.
"See, I became suspicious since the night Richard checked up on you. So today, I sent him after you. He called when you left the house with Tom and I rode straight to the beach, yet I couldn't see you when I was scanning the surrounding from the top of the rocks. It was my luck that you three decided to leave early. Or I wouldn't have caught you." Orlando finished his speech and stared at Tom and Lee. He was a lot more angry at them than he was at Avery, in belief that they somehow manipulated or forced her into the relationship.
"I can explain." She whispered and quickly wiped the tears from her cheeks. Tom hissed and closed his eyes, as he realized the reason Avery wanted to leave so badly. She saw him standing over the rocks. He was acting like a son of a bitch towards her.
"Yes. You will explain. Explain why you were hiding your first boyfriends from me." Orlando said as he walked around the car and opened front and back doors.
Tom and Lee looked at each other as if Orlando was mad. But he wasn't. He was perfectly fine, except for the fact that he was upset for not knowing what was going on in front of his nose.
Avery simply nodded and walked over to the car, sitting in the front passengers seat. She didn't look at Tom or Lee, she looked over to the side.
After precisely 16 seconds of thinking, Lee followed Avery's example and sat in the back seat behind Avery. Tom went after Lee almost immediately and scooted as close to him as he could.
"We will go out for a nice brunch and you three are gonna tell me everything about it. Then you can further enjoy your day here. Orlando concluded as he sat in the drivers seat and started the car. He drove to the nearest beach café so the ride lasted only 5 minutes. In the meantime, nobody spoke a word.
As they were arrived at their destination, Avery was the first one to get out of the car. She sat at the first table she saw, which was luckily surrounded by a high picket fence, giving them some privacy.
Lee, Tom and Orlando followed shortly after. Orlando sat right next to her right side, Tom on her left side and Lee opposite of her.
"What was going on when I was at the beach? Avery looked pretty upset." Orlando asked and instead of looking at her, his eyes were looking from Tom to Lee.
"I was about to kiss Tom when I noticed you and then I wanted to leave but they both acted like jerks." Avery quickly explained when she saw that neither of them would give an explanation.
"What? I wasn't-" Tom wanted to protest but the glare he received from Orlando shut him up instantly.
"Oh yeah? What about the last time you acted like a jerk towards me?!"
"Last time? How long has this been going on?"
"Don't know, a month."
"A month?! It was more than a month!"
"How long?!?"
"36 days, 13 hours, 26 minutes and 55 seconds." Lee finally answered Orlando's question. All three of them looked at him dumbfounded and impressed.
"I counted..." He explained sheepishly and looked down at the table.
"What happened the first time?" Orlando asked and turned to Tom whom was now as red in the face as a tomato.
"I .. I asked her if she would be in a relationship with us.. The morning after we slept over.. She didn't want to yet so I was kinda jerky..." Tom explained in a quick manor and pouted, trying to look cute.
"Whaaa? How many times..?" Orlando hissed in surprise and now glared at Avery.
"Don't know.." Avery quickly answered and looked at the mug of coffee the waitress brought while they were all glaring at each other.
"5 times." Lee answered eagerly and smiled, hoping to calm Orlando down.
Orlando just stared at him in disbelief. It's been going on for over a month right in front of him.. Well not right. He was away a couple times.
"I shouldn't have counted.." Lee groaned and hid his face in his hands as Tom watched him unsure if he would try to console him or stay perfectly still so Orlando doesn't get angrier.
"We never did anything more than cuddling." Avery nodded at her uncle, hoping he would believe her.
"Okay.. Okay. So you're all together now?" He asked, looking from Tom, to Lee and to Avery.
"Oh hell no." Avery answered, smiling widely to ask the sudden sadness wash over her.
"What? Why not?" Lee whined and looked at Avery with puppy dog eyes and quivering lower lip.
"We're jerks!" Tom screamed and started fake sobbing.
"Alright.. I'll let you three handle this. Come on, I will drive you back to the beach." Orlando said and stood up. He threw a large bill on the table, which was more than enough to pay for 10 coffees.
Tom, Lee and Avery followed him silently. They got in his SUV with ease and were silent the whole 5 minutes of the ride back to the beach.
"Work this out!" Orlando yelled once the trio got out of the car. Avery crossed her arms over her chest in annoyance, Tom was kicking the sand around and Lee dumbfoundedly stared as Orlando's SUV slowly disappeared in the distance