First day on the set

Avery groaned as the alarm clock woke her at 7 am. She was not a morning person, but it was a very exciting day for her.

It was her first day at a new job of make up artist. She got the job on the set of The hobbit: The battle of five armies. One of the make up artists got injured while hiking with her family. Well, her uncle Orlando got the job for her. She would rather get a job herself, but she definitely wouldn't turn down the opportunity.

She got up from the cozy and warm bed she laid in and lazily walked into the bathroom. There was no need to rush because she was in a hired beach house with her uncle that was 30 minutes away from the set. She stepped in the shower relaxing under the warm water. She's gonna need a lot of relaxing as she was gonna be the artist for Lee Pace. She adored the tall dark haired man. Oh how she did. Too much.

After about 20 minutes, she left the shower. Standing in front of the mirror she started to blow dry her hair while thinking about what she'd wear. She needed to look casual and most of all, needed to impress Lee. She decided to go with a light blue lacy shirt with long sleeves and black leather styled jeans. Jeans that made her ass look nice. Really nice.

She left the bathroom wrapping her body in a fluffy towel and started to dig through her closet, desperately hoping that the clothes she was looking for weren't lying in the laundry basket instead. But luckily she found them, dancing her happy dance in her mind. She slipped the on noticing she had a bit less than an hour left for breakfast.

Avery walked in the kitchen and noticed her uncle hasn't woken up yet, so she decided to make as much as noise in the kitchen as she possibly can while cooking scrambled eggs, bacon and french toast. This breakfast was their favourite, along with a mug of Earl grey. True Brits.

Her uncle walked down the stairs exactly 5 minutes after the bacon started to sizzle in the pan. He had a look of happiness and anger on his face.

''I'm sorry, uncle, but you had to wake up. We've got about 45 minutes. I already made the tea and eggs. Toast is cooking and bacon will be ready in a minute.'' She spoke with a smile on her face which softened Orlando as he grabbed his mug of tea. Even though he found out about his niece just 2 years ago, he grew to love and adore her. Hell, 2 years ago he had no idea he had a step sister in Europe.

They ate their breakfast in silence. It was like that pretty much every morning even though here and there, a squeal escaped Avery's lips.

''Okay, spit it out. What's up?'' Orlando asked, looking down at his niece from his mug.

''Lee Pace.'' She squealed again before finishing her breakfast and wiping her mouth.

''Oh joy. I'm sure he'll be delighted hearing you squealing while preparing his hair and make up.'' He laughed as she only shook her head.

''No, no. I'm gonna be chilled, normal. No squeals or fangirling.''At least not out loud.

She nodded, looking at her uncle before getting up from her seat to put her plate and mug in the sink.

''Well, i must warn you then. Another actor will be joining us in a few days, also one that you really really like. Just heads up.'' He grinned as Avery's eyes widened at his words. Which actor? Why doesn't he just tell her now?

''Alan Rickman?!'' She squealed and slapped her hands together.

''Leave the dishes in the sink, dear. We'll wash them later. We gotta go now. And no, I'm not telling you.''

They sat in Orlando's black jeep,Orlando making sure Avery was safely buckled up in her seat, driving on the high way that was lining up with the cliffs on the shore. The sea water was glistening blue and from where they were driving, she could see a distant tiny island with a lighthouse and the waves crashing at the rocks with force. It was a sunny day, no cloud in the sky.

Avery observed the vegetation that grew next to the road and squinted her eyes, searching for any sign of wildlife. She did notice a flock of dark green birds. This day could not get any better.

They arrived at the set a little early, at 8.38 am.

''You didn't need to speed, uncle. We'd make it anyway.'' Avery said she opened the trunk to grab a silver suitcase that contained all of the equipment she'll need to transform Lee into Thranduil.

''Orlando!'' A female voice shouted and he quickly spoon around, pulling the woman into a hug. She wore an elven armor and had red hair, and of course, Avery recognized her. Evangeline Lilly! Evangeline turned her attention to her and without any words, she received a bone crushing hug. She was sure very strong!

''I'd love to stay and chat but i have to get ready for the shooting and Avery must go to Lee's trailer to get him ready. You also need to get ready, Lando.'' Evangeline said as she pushed Orlando to his trailer and ushered Avery towards Lee's. His trailer was at the very end of the long line, next to Richard Armitage's.

God, she was so nervous to finally meet a man that inspired her to everything she loved doing, her celebrity crush. She quickly fixed her hair while looking at the blank screen on her phone. She pushed it in her pocket and before she could knock on the door, they flew open and there he stood, Lee Pace, grinning at her like an idiot. Handsome idiot.

''Hi. I'm Avery Bloom and I'll be your make up artist for the whole movie.'' She spoke hopefully enough for Lee to hear her and smiled shyly.

''I'm Lee and you're a charming young lady.'' He said and stretched out his hand to shake hers. She grabbed his hand to shake but instead, he pulled it up to his lips and planted a soft kiss on the back, causing Avery to shiver in happiness. He led her inside and went to the fridge as she put the suitcase down on a table and started to take out the items she'll need.

''Could I offer you a can of coke or lemonade? Maybe some ice tea?'' He asked her while glancing at her.

''Coke will be okay.'' Avery nodded closing the suitcase.

Lee was sat on a chair with his head slightly pushed back and his neck resting on a pillow so Avery could have easier access to his face. First, she put on foundation to smooth out his already perfect skin. She used the concealer for some minor mistakes and emphasized his cheek bones with a lighter shade of skin colour, not that they need to bed emphasized. They looked so perfect already.

Lastly, she sleeked all of his hair back pinning them with hair pins and slid on his elvish wig. She quickly smoothed the blonde strands of hair and he was good to go. Lee observed Avery in the mirror whenever she wasn't looking and sometimes cracked a joke so both of them would laugh out loud. It also took them about 40 minutes to get ready, but the shooting started at 11.am so they were fine.

Lee got up from his chair as Avery finished her coke and threw the can in the trash. He pulled on his robe and Avery turned around as he slid off his jeans. He fixed the wig and opened the door of his trailer. He turned to Avery who look at him confused while clutching the suitcase to her chest.

''You know, you're far more beautiful that Orlando has described you.'' He winked at her as he left the trailer, puzzled Avery following him to the wardrobe.

She waited outside of the dressing room, looking at the set. It already looked amazing and she knew that with visual effects added on the screen, it'll probably knock he socks off. After 10 minutes of waiting, Lee walked out of the dressing room dressed in a dark red coat, silver pants, black boots and a crown over his head. Man, did he look attractive.

Avery tried her best not to stare at hi while standing beside one of the cameramans but it was so hard to not look away. So she ended up staring at him, her eyes following him everywhere he went. And from time to time, their eyes locked, both feeling satisfied and impressed with one another. She stayed there until the scene was done, for about 1 hour. Never taking her eyes off of him.