Don't touch.

Neteyam's POV:

Upon arrival, what seemed to be at least 100 Na'vi gathered around to inspect the new comers. Us. I heard the lighter Na'vi whisper and point, some laughing and others cowering in fear. I looked over at the beach line. It was a beautiful place. So beautiful indeed. My family and I gathered close and the Na'vi circled around us. Suddenly, a boy barged through the crowd, wondering around me and my younger brother, Lo'ak. A shorter boy followed behind, pointing at us and laughing.

"look at that. Is that supposed to be a tail? How can they swim?"

The taller boy didn't say anything and replied with a playful laugh. They both walked around so that they were now behind us. I payed no attention to them. I instead turn over to Lo'ak who had his eye's fixed on something in the water. Or, someone. A beautiful girl walked up from the water, flicking a clump of her hair behind her. I rolled my eyes and thought to myself 'Lo'aks first crush.'

I wasn't listening very much and it was obvious that Lo'ak wasn't either. My mind began to drift off and I started to think of home. All the nature and animals there. I closed my eyes and began to get lost in thought. My tail began to swing back and forth. I suddenly opened my eyes and jumped in shock. Something had grabbed a hold of my tail. I quickly grabbed it and turned around, only to find the tall boy looking down at me, his hands in the air.

"Woah, calm down forest boy." He said, a slight smirk crawling upon his lips. "I was only touching it. Not like I was gonna rip it off" My gaze slowly soften and I let out a small sigh. "Don't touch my tail again" I said, turning back around and slumped down a bit. "what was that about?" Lo'ak asked, looking over his shoulder and staring at the two boys whom were now laughing. "No idea." I replied, shutting my eyes again.

After sometime, and a lot of negotiating, the cheif, Tonowari and his mate, Ronal allowed us to stay. He began to speak to the crowd, curiously watching us.

"Toruk Makto and his will stay. But they do not know the water. So they will be like babies, taking their first breath. Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless." My father smiled slightly and thanked Tonowari. Tonowari then began to continue, pointing at the boy who touched my tail not long ago.

"My son Aonung, my daughter Tyseria will show you where you will be staying." Aonung. So that was his name. He then began to speak up "But father why do I have to-" he was cut off. "It is decided." Tonowari firmly said. "Come!" The girl said. "I will show you our village." And just like that, we were accepted. My parents followed the girl Tyseria. I trailed behind and looked over to the boy. He didn't follow. He instead he just stood there. I stared at him for a moment or two before following my family.

I couldn't help but think to myself while I was walking. What beautiful eyes he had.

-----Chapter 1 end.-----