˗ˏˋ8 : Dex'ˎ˗

As soon as the whistle blew, Sophie ran away. I followed Linh Song, not knowing what to do. She was the first one out of my friend group to befriend me. She was from Japan, moving when she was five with her twin, Tam, and their parents. She was pale with long black hair and silver tips. Meanwhile, Tam had silver bangs. Even though they were twins, they were polar opposites. Linh was the day, Tam was the night.

Enough of that poetic stuff, let's focus on the game. I followed closely behind Linh as she ducked and dodged other people. She ran over to the jump ropes, tied it into a lasso, then swung it around a bunch of other people, successfully sticking them together. When did this become the west? Are they training us to be cowboys?

"C'mon!" Linh shouted and pulled me away towards the pickle ball rackets as a basketball came flying past my ear. What even was this game? I could've died! "We need to get the rackets then jump into the ball pit! Don't get hit by the basketballs or paintballs!" Paintballs?"

The next thing I knew, my entire face was covered in blue goo. I looked to Linh, wondering what to do. It's a good thing the school gave out pe clothes otherwise I would've had to change after this. 

"You're out, go sit with the others!" I walked over to where others were covered in paint and stood there. Two people I saw Sophie hanging out with, Wylie and Jensi I think, we're sitting there. But no Sophie. I walked over and sat down.

"Is Soph still in?" Wylie looked shocked that I was talking to him and quickly closed his mouth.

"Yeah, she's doing pretty good for not knowing the rules."

"What even are the rules, this is so confusing."

"It takes a few hours to explain but you could probably just watch and see." I turned my attention back to the game, not seeing Sophie anywhere. Was she actually doing that good?

To be honest, I missed her. My new friends could never live up to her. But she seemed so happy with her new friends, I didn't want to intrude. Jensi, the hyperactive teen he is, quickly caught my attention.

"Dude, look! Sophie's in the final two!"

"She's not gonna win, nobody beats Fitz. At least she made it this far though. That'll get her some serious street cred." Wylie replied. I turned my attention back to the game and sure enough, there my cousin was. Her and Fitz, one of my friends who was extremely arrogant, were both climbing a rope. Sophie was above him, shimmying up there at a record pace. As soon as she made it to the top, she leaped off and fell onto the trampoline, bouncing back up and grabbing another rope that you couldn't reach by standing on the ground. 

Something I didn't notice before, she had a pickle ball racket in her hand while climbing. Fitz had one too, along with a paintball gun. He shot at her and she blocked it with the racket. I watched as Sophie flew off the rope and jumped on another trampoline, grabbing another rope. Seriously, what was this game?

"How does one of them win?" I asked Wylie without my eyes leaving the game.

"One has to drop from the rope."

"Oh, Sophie's definitely gonna win this. Trust me, she once hung from the wing of a plane for an hour while it was in the air." Both of my cousin's new friends turned to stare at me in confusion but I just laughed. That was a good day. Especially when she fell off the plane-

Sophie launched herself onto Fitz's rope, causing it to swing wildly back and forth. I was a bit worried for Fitz. Not Sophie, she could fall from a plane and survive, I think she could handle thirty feet.

Fitz started falling off the rope and hit her. They both fell down towards the hard gym floor. There wasn't anything under them to catch them. The ball pit was near but there was no way they would reach it. Well, shoot. They both kicked and flailed, trying to get a grip on the air around them. Fitz hit the ground first with a hard thud. He gasped for air as everyone rushed over to him, including his sister, Biana.