˗ˏˋ 20: Tam'ˎ˗

I had never wanted to beat anyone so badly, not until I met Sophie. With Biana, our relationship was soft and sweet, the one person I didn't pretend around. My sister saw all my sides. Marella and I usually just tease each other. Keefe and I have our fights, same with Fitz and I, and Dex has been chill while I've known him. But Sophie? God I need to wipe that prideful smile off her face with my victory.

The group decided to go bowling for some reason, hanging out I guess. Usually I wouldn't care that much, do the bare minimum. That's what I was planning to do. We had too many people for one lane so we split into two. It was Biana, Keefe, Sophie, and I on Lane Eight, then Linh, Marella, Dex, and Fitz were on Lane Nine.

We didn't use bumpers to make it more "fun" in Biana's words. I could tell she completely regretted it after getting gutters on her first turn. Keefe was doing just as bad, but at least he had knocked down a few pins. Since I was going third, I didn't try as hard as I could've given that Sophie was going to do just as bad.

I struck down eight pins on my first go, then another one on my second. I could just barely see Sophie's maniac grin as she passed me for her turn. She got a strike. And from the look in her eyes, she didn't doubt herself for a second. And I couldn't let this measly American beat me. She's an American! This is my home, and I had to defend it.

Later on I realized that these thoughts were unlike me, and I sincerely apologize to any readers who may have noticed. I let my emotions get the better of me. It doesn't happen often and it won't happen again.

Biana got three pins on her first roll then one more on her next. I didn't even bother paying attention to Keefe but I could tell he didn't do good. I got a strike, giving Sophie a smug look. Sophie got eight pins down, leaving with one on each side. I laughed, knowing it would be impossible to get both and I would get caught up.

I knew as soon as she turned to me with that little smirk of hers—so much like Keefe's—that she planned this. She approached the lane and released the ball. It rolled rapidly towards the gutters and just barely balanced on the edge, then turning and hitting the pin on the right at just the right angle to send it flying into the pin on the left. She passed me and bumped into my shoulder. Oh this show-off was going down.

The only reason I would ever admit to my defeat is the fact of the witnesses

The only reason I would ever admit to my defeat is the fact of the witnesses. Everybody who was there already knows. She beat me by one singular point. I blame it on not trying too hard on my first bowl.

"If you think you could've beat me," Sophie started with a smug smirk, "then how about a rematch? You can pick the game." I immediately knew.

"Fine then, let's go to the park."