˗ˏˋ 21: Dex'ˎ˗

It was finally my favorite holiday of the year. Call me fat (Sophie already does) but Thanksgiving is, hands down, the best holiday. Anyone who disagrees can fight me.

It was the one day of the year we put aside to just get together as a family and not fight for once. We all were happy and nice to each other and got to sit down for a delicious meal and be thankful for each other's presence. And ever since Sophie joined our family, it's gotten a whole lot better. For one, the food. Now that we know she's Hispanic (the whitest Latina I've ever seen), we know where she got her cooking skills from, and the recipes. For two, she has this connection with the triplets that's different from mine, the type only cousins can have. Obviously our connection is better as cousins and best friends but still. Bex looked up to Sophie as her role model, Rex loved the attention he got from her, and Lex just enjoyed pranking me with her. And somehow, no one knows how, she has been able to get the triplets to stop fighting just for Thanksgiving.

As my favorite holiday, I was heartbroken knowing we moved to a kingdom that didn't celebrate it. But Sophie being Sophie, she knew how to fix it.

"Hey guys!" Sophie greeted our group in the common area before school. School on Thanksgiving, can you believe it? A true tragedy. Our parents almost pulled us out but decided not to because "school is important" or something crazy like that.

"Hi Sophie!" Linh exclaimed, jumping up to hug her. Sophie laughed and hugged her back.

"Wow, I see how it is." I said. "No 'hi Dex! How are you Dex? Woah Dex, have you been working out recently?'"

Marella slung her arm around my shoulders and booped my nose. "Aww, don't worry Dexie. No one thinks you've been working out lately." I huffed at her and looked away, locking eyes with Fitz and his death glare. Honestly dude, ever heard of masking your emotions? We get it, you're in love with Marella, no need to be so possessive.

Sophie turned to Marella. "Thank you. He keeps flexing like he actually has muscles to flex. Like come on dude, no one's buying it." The two blondes high fived.

"At least I'm actually above five feet." I retaliated, instantly regretting it. My cousin and Marella turned to me with hate in their eyes, everyone else looking at me fearfully. The two tiny girls rushed at me and tackled me to the ground with surprising strength. I don't know where from, but Sophie pulled out a container of glitter and Marella had a tube of that eyelash stuff that makes them darker. Marimba, or something like that. I tried to throw them off me but again, they had surprising strength for their tiny bodies.

When they were done, both my eyelashes and my eyebrows were black and I had glitter covering my face and body. I grumbled about inequality and stuff like that while getting up.

"Anyways, what I was going to say before Dex decided to open his mouth," Sophie started, "we're having a friendsgiving and you're all invited!" I looked at her in shock. She really planned an entire friendsgiving for me? The others all looked at her in confusion.

"Friends... giving? What's that?" Biana asked. Sophie's gaze turned harsh before settling back to cheerful. The switch was so quick I almost didn't notice. What did Biana ever do to her?

"Y'know, Thanksgiving but with your friends. Friendsgiving. I know Thanksgiving is a thing in the U.S. and not really here, but y'all don't even celebrate friendsgiving?" They all shook their heads. My jaw dropped with the sheer audacity this kingdom had to not learn our customs and holidays. Oh wait that kinda sounds bad—

"Okay well basically Thanksgiving is where you get together with your family, have a big meal, and just say things you're thankful for and be grateful to be in each other's presence. Friendsgiving is where you do the same thing but with friends. Today is Thanksgiving so we're having dinner with our parents, but I was thinking we can have our friendsgiving on Saturday. We can all spend the day together then have a really big Thanksgiving meal for either lunch or dinner depending on what works for you." Sophie informed them.