˗ˏˋ 12: Keefe'ˎ˗

I don't know who Dex thought he was, but he was not going to keep me from seeing his beau- ahem, I meant, his awesome cousin. Yeah, that's definitely what I meant.

The second day I tried to get to her, it was around eight in the morning. I knocked on the door and a giant Dex answered.

"Woah, Dex. You've gotten tall since yesterday." Tall Dex just laughed and shook his head.

"Dex! Your friend is here!" The strawberry blonde teen came running to the door.

"Keefe. What are you doing here?" Tall Dex's eyes widened as he dropped into a bow.

"I think you know why." I smirked. "Does Sophie still need rest, or can I actually talk to her today?"

"I don't know, Keefe. Maybe the fact that she slept the whole day yesterday can give you a clue." He huffed and crossed his arms.

"Actually, not the whole day." An all too familiar voice said from behind me.

"Who's that?" Dex asked, also shocked by her sudden appearance. I groaned and turned around to face my bodyguard.

"Ro, what are you doing here?" She was standing there in her six foot glory, hair in their signature choppy pigtails and hands on her hips, her nails the same hot pink as her hair.

"Think you could get rid of me that easily, Funkyhair? Your parents would have my head if I let you roam the kingdom by yourself." She walked up and attempted to ruffle my hair.

"NOT THE HAIR!" I screeched- I mean, shouted like a manly man.

"So, the crowned prince has got a babysitter?" Dex laughed from his doorway.

"Bodyguard." I grumbled. "She's a bodyguard. And Romhilda," she growled at me, "what did you mean by not the whole day?"

"Oh you know," she started filing her nails with a nail file that came out of nowhere, "called her while you were in the shower. She seemed to think I was you and you actually have a super feminine voice—which I wish were true, by the way—and told her to tell her scrawny guard dog off so you could go see her."

"You know I told you not to go on my phone!" I shouted as Dex whispered "scrawny?" behind me. I could've sworn I watched a tear fall down his face.

"I know, but you wanted to see her so bad, it was pathetic. You were practically on your knees begging him to let you in." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. You know what? We're leaving. But I'll be back Dex. I'll be back..." I whispered menacingly as I walked back to my car with Ro in tow.

" I whispered menacingly as I walked back to my car with Ro in tow

"Sophie?" I asked, shocked to see her name on the caller ID.

"Hey Keefe. Wait, your voice is back to normal!" I laughed at the pure shock in her voice.

"Yeah." I decided to agree, remembering Ro telling me how she didn't believe it wasn't me. "What's up? How have you been?"

"Y'know, pretty good. My head hurts but I'm pretty sure that's normal. Anyways, I was just calling to tell you that Dex refuses to let you in, but I have a plan. Have you been going to the house on the corner, or the one to the right of it?"