˗ˏˋ 13: Keefe'ˎ˗

I showed up again the next night after an incredibly boring day at school. It had been canceled since Sophie and Fitz's little incident, Dame Alina claiming she needed time off for 'mental healing caused by traumatic events.'

Today was the first day back and was terrible without Sophie. Granted, the entire year of school so far, I've been without her and Dex, but now that I know her? I wouldn't admit it, but my day would've been a whole lot better with her. That's why I was so excited when climbing the tree in her backyard and jumping through her open window.

"Good evening, Foster." I exclaimed to announce my presence, sauntering into her room.

"Shut the fudge up." She mumbled from where she was laying face down on her bed.

"You good?" I laughed as she shot me a glare and crude hand gesture.

"What does it look like? It's too bright, too loud. I feel like I'm hungover." She groaned.

"How would you know what being hungover feels like?" She lifted her head only long enough to glare at me before stuffing it back in her pillow.

"Alright, someone's feeling feisty today. I guess it's a good thing I brought snacks!" That did the trick. She bolted up to a sitting position, swayed for a moment, then steadied herself.

"Gimmie!" She shouted as she launched up, falling to the ground before accomplishing anything.

"Woah, Foster... I don't think you should be standing." I was disgusted by the amount of concern I was showing, but I didn't care because something was wrong with Foster.

"I'm fine." She grunted, shoving my hand away and standing on her own. The beautiful blonde wobbled for a bit so I put my hand on her arm to steady her.

"Just sit down, okay?" I led her to the bed and sat down next to her, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. With my other hand, I reached into my bag and pulled out candy, chips, and strawberries. I know what you readers are probably thinking, Keefe Sencen? Strawberries? That's way too romantic for such a tough guy. I have to say, I agree with you. But... it's Sophie and I wanted something special for her even though I met her half a week ago.

Her tiny gremlin hands snatched the Nerds Cluster from the pile. She tore the bag open with her teeth and devoured the entire thing in less than two seconds. Meanwhile, I stared at her in shock and astonishment. She was actually my dream girl.

Right after my beautiful Foster finished her candy, she fell asleep on my shoulder. I squealed so loud I was scared I woke her, until I realized that even tripping over everything in her room or her rat barking at me with the volume of a dog couldn't wake her up.

I pulled out a blanket and fell asleep on the floor, staring up at her peaceful face until my eyes grew too heavy to keep open.

"Keeeeeeefeeeeeeeee." A melodic voice rang out in my dreams. "Wake up or else my rat will fart on youuuuuuuu." She sang. What angel was invading my mind with her beautiful words?