˗ˏˋ9 : Keefe'ˎ˗

The gun lifted. 

Was he going to shoot?

Who would he shoot?

If he shot Derek I would be heartbroken.

The man in the dark cloak pulled the trigger.

A scream rang throughout the room.

There she laid on the floor.

Bleeding.

She took the bullet for Derek?

Thank god, I wanted her dead anyways. She's annoying.

I turned off the tv as the theme music started playing. That episode was pretty trash except for Lisa getting shot. That was funny.

I stood up off the couch and walked to my bedroom. Which took about ten minutes considering all the hallways in the palace. That walk gave me a chance to think. And I couldn't stop thinking about one thing. Was Fitz okay? What about that other girl, the new one? She hit her head pretty hard. I couldn't see much since I was so busy worrying over Fitz, but I did see a lot of blood.

Wasn't she Dex's cousin? I'm pretty sure that's right, that's why he was over by her instead of Fitz. Otherwise he was just a terrible friend. Yeah, she had to be Dex's cousin, the one he was in no classes with. She was pretty cute, even when bleeding out...

Wait, no, what? Where'd that come from? No, no, no. Brain, we are not going there. I mean, she's Dex's cousin, wouldn't that be breaking some sort of bro code? Shake it off, yes she's cute but not in a 'you're into her' type of way.

Moving on from those thoughts, I was worried about Fitz. I would never admit that to his face but I was. And that other girl, she was pretty hot. Like an angel with her soft blonde hair... SNAP OUT OF IT! God, I'm so annoying. Yes, I was worried about Dex's cousin, but I was obviously more worried about Fitz. I had to be, he's my best friend.

Eventually I decided to go visit her- him! Visit him. Fitz. Not mystery girl. Gosh, what was my problem with her? I needed to get a hold of myself. Lord Hunkyhair's gotta stay smooth with the ladies. 

But she was so pretty, I couldn't stop thinking about her. There had to be something drawing me to her, that's the only explanation. Why else would I be so obsessed with her when I literally only saw her limp body on the ground and bleeding out? Well, technically I saw her when she was on the ropes with Fitz, which I still can't believe she beat him. No one's been able to beat Fitz since he was a Level One at Foxfire!

I hopped into my awesome Lambo-Bugatti-Rolls Royce-Pagani red sports car. Yes, this is a real thing. Deal with it. I pulled out of our massive drive way and drove away. The hospital was only a few minutes from the castle so I was there pretty quickly.

When I walked in, everyone immediately dropped to their knees. Except for one familiar strawberry blond, short, dimpled person.

"Hey Keefe." He greeted me as I walked up to him. Everyone gasped like it was so disrespectful to treat me like a real person. 

"'Sup Dex. Have you seen him yet?" I asked while we grabbed each other's hands and pulled into a bro hug.

"Nah, they aren't letting us in for Fitz yet." He didn't seem as disappointed as someone would think he should be, but I knew about that little feud between him and the Vacker siblings.

"What about that girl? Your cousin, right?"

"We can't see her either. Kesler," he glared at his dad, obviously upset, "decided to ask me if I wanted to see her when I walked in then dropped the bomb that the doctors aren't letting anyone near her."

"What's her name, anyways? And why haven't I seen her around school until now?" I tried to hide my eagerness to know more about mystery girl, but Dex still gave me a questionable look about my growing curiosity with his cousin.

"Sophie. She's in band so her schedule's completely flipped from ours." Dang it. She's a band kid. Foxfire was an extremely clique school. Football players, the girl volleyball players, the other jocks, the nerds, the cheerleaders, the band kids, and the overall popular group, which were my friends and me. These groups didn't mix, except for the populars with jocks and cheerleaders. Which meant hanging out with her would be extremely bad for my, and my friends', reputations.

"Do you know what's wrong with her?" Yeah, he was definitely questioning my intentions now.

"You, Keefe Sencen, want to know what's wrong with my cousin?" At first I thought he was going to make fun of me until he said, "everything. Literally everything's wrong with her. She has zero mental stability and almost 'fell' out of my window. I definitely didn't push her. Plus she's a band kid, she's super weird, etcetera etcetera. Also I definitely don't want you two to meet. It would be the end of the world."

"I don't know, she sounds kinda awesome."

"Oh please, she's anything but that." He laughed and sat down in one of the chairs, leaning back. I plopped down next to him.

"You really care about her." It wasn't a question. And he didn't treat it as such.

"Of course I do. She was pretty much my only friend back in California. I would protect her with my life. Even though she jumped off the top of the Statue of Liberty and survived. She doesn't need my protection, but I'll give her it anyways. Even if you can get stabbed straight through your shoulder and survive, you always need someone in your corner, someone who has your back."

Umm, what? She jumped off the Statue of Liberty and got stabbed? Two words. Life. Goals. And, if I'm being completely honest, that warmed my heart. The way Dex talked about her, he truly cared. I was about to comment on the awesomeness that is the mysterious Sophie when a doctor walked up to us and Dex and Sophie's parents.

"Sophie's family, right?" He waited for her parents to nod before continuing. "Okay, she's currently stable and should be fine. We stitched up the cut on her head and fixed up her ribs. She will need to rest for a couple of weeks because of her concussion, I'd recommend limiting how much she does, mentally and physically. Try to avoid having her get out of bed, and especially avoid anything physically rigorous." The doctor said a bunch of other big words that I tuned out until he said, "would you like to come see her?"

I stood up with Dex and walked with him behind his crazy triplets. They were definitely troublesome and I liked it. They were shoving and pushing each other in the hallway, laughing and screaming. Well, technically Rex and Lex were. Bex was strutting like the queen she is.

We reached a door labeled 46. My kingdom was small so the hospital only had one floor. The door swung open to reveal the most beautiful angel I've ever seen. She was gorgeous, from her long blonde hair to her soft brown eyes to her pronounced jawline (I definitely DO NOT have a thing for jawlines). As I said before, an absolute angel.

Dex tan over to her side and piled her into a hug while her parents stood in the doorway, staring at the cousins with soft smiles. While Dex obviously wanted to keep the hug going longer, Sophie pulled away and stared at him. Then everyone else in the room.

"Who are you?"

Hehehe... you're welcome!!!!! KEEFE IS FINALLY HERE!!!!! YOU CAN CELEBRATE!!!!!! We stan Keefe. Lol I'm done now, see you guys later!

Edit: now edited.

Avery, out —>

🫳

🎤