˗ˏˋ 15: Biana'ˎ˗

None of my friend group besides Keefe had really gotten to know Dex's cousin, even though she went to our school. Still, when Dex texted our group chat telling us how she was doing, we knew we all had to come.

Well, it was mostly Keefe who convinced us. He raved on and on about her. It would've been disheartening if I still had a crush on him. Thank God that's in the past. Now I only have eyes for our resident emo, for almost three years. They've been the happiest years of my life.

After hearing Keefe be so excited to see her, plus the fact that she's Dex's cousin so she has to be cool, we all decided to go see her.

I, personally, was hoping to get another girl in our group. I love Linh and Marella, but they've always been closer friends and I could never get in between that. Instead I was left to hang out with the boys. It was moments like those that made me miss my old friend, Maruca, who became friends with Stina.

My expensive designer heels clicked on the smooth hospital flooring as my friends and I headed to Sophie's room. We got to the door Keefe told us was hers and Fitz led the way inside. My jaw dropped to how different Dex's cousin looked from when I'd seen her around school. She looked so pale and her face had lost all signs of life. I hardly even knew her and it hurt to see her like this. Especially because of the ugly hospital gown she was forced to wear.

Dex and Keefe's eyes widened when they saw the entire group had come. Even my older brother who had this annoying feud going on with Dex.

"Hi Sophie." Linh greeted, being her sweet and friendly self. "I'm Linh, it's nice to meet you! Keefe told us what happened, I'm so sorry. I hope you're feeling better." She dashed over to hug her then quickly retracted. "Sorry, I'm still working on personal space." She blushed.

"It's alright," Sophie laughed, "I don't mind. Believe it or not but this little ginger," she gestured her thumb at Dex, "was very touchy when I first met him."

I laughed, trying to imagine Dex as the huggy-type. It was very difficult.

"Dex has told us a lot about you, but you probably don't know a lot about us." I started. "So I'm Biana, this loser's sister," I pointed at Fitz, "and I love fashion and makeup so I can't wait to have another girl in the group for makeovers!"

Marella spoke up next. "My name's Marella. Not Mare. Not Ella. No nicknames." Sophie nodded in respect.

"I'm Fitz, not a loser by the way." he winked, barf.

"Tam." My ever so friendly boyfriend said from the shadows.

"He's just a little emo." Linh stage whispered. "And, shamefully, my twin." This made the blonde in the hospital gown giggle.

"Nice to meet you all, and thanks for coming. Although I wish I could've properly met you all when I didn't look like the creepy possessed girl from a horror movie." She slumped backwards into the pillows.

"Don't worry about it!" Linh exclaimed. "We have to see Tam everyday, and that's a whole lot worse."

Sophie widened her eyes at Linh's comment, probably not expecting that from the sweet acting girl. From years of experience, I don't make that mistake anymore. Linh is and always will be innocent and sweet, but she takes any and every chance to roast her twin.

"I don't know, Biana seems to like looking at me." He mumbled with a wink in my direction. I blushed but didn't deny it. I had no reason to, we'd been dating for so long this type of talk was expected. And just because I loved him so much, I'd only beat him with a pillow once we got out of the view of others.

"They're dating." Keefe stage whispered. "At the same time, it's adorable and insufferable."

"Only 'cause you're jealous, blondie." Marella added with a snarky tone.