˗ˏˋ23: Keefe'ˎ˗

"Keefeeeeeeeeeeee." My beautiful blonde friend whined.

"Sophieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-" I whined back, then yelped when I felt something collide with my back and stay there. I soon realized it was said beautiful blonde friend hanging onto my back and shoulders like a koala.

"Carry me to class, my legs hurt." She rested her head on my shoulder and it took all my willpower to hide my blush-I, I meant ummm, I don't know, there's no way I can really save that one.

"Womp womp." I replied, then threw her into Tam's arms, who was standing next to me in the cafeteria, where we were all gathered before heading off to class. Much to Bangs Boy's happiness she let him easily drop her in Linh's arms, which held surprising strength. Sophie looked into her silver eyes with her own big, brown doe eyes. She pouted, somehow making her eyes even bigger.

"Carry me to class?" If she did that while asking me, I wouldn't have been able to say no. If she asked me to kill someone with that face, I would've seriously considered it. It seemed Linh was susceptible too, with the way she proceeded to move Sophie to her back and carry her to class.

I walked over to Dex, figuring he would know the reason behind Sophie's adorably clingy and lazy behavior.

"What's up with her?" I asked.

"She had her first actual volleyball practice last night, with their new assigned teams. She apparently got put on one of the really good ones, with girls two to three years older than her. I'm guessing it was a bit harder than she thought it was going to be. Granted Biana's also really out of it, so maybe their practices are just rough." I nodded my head in understanding. It made sense, Biana always acted like this when a new season started.

"Didn't you say you played volleyball?" I asked, remembering him saying something similar from Tam and Sophie's competition.

"Yeah, but the boys' season starts later than the girls'. Frankly, I'm not excited after seeing how it's going for them." I agreed with him. This was why I played football instead (football, no one calls it soccer, Sophie). Many would argue that it's a difficult and taxing sport but I'm just too athletic and muscular for it to affect me.

"Don't worry, I heard they don't actually pay any attention to the boys because the main focus is the girls." Fitz butted in. I could see Dex getting enraged and honestly, I would be too. For one, how dare he eavesdrop. Point B, if he said something like that about football, I would hold a permanent grudge.

"Wonderboy, to the rescue again with his smart insights. Thank you so much for the help!" Dex sneered and stalked away.

"Did I do something to him?" Wonder— Fitz, I meant Fitz—asked me.

"Nooo, nothing at all." I replied sarcastically. "No offense, but maybe something to do with the fact that you always try to prove you're smarter than him, even if it's something he doesn't want to hear." With the last part, I tried to put it as gently as possible. Fitz tended to get mad easily—very easily—and it lasted for a long time, so it was best to just avoid it whenever possible.

"I was just telling him so he'd know." And now it's started. I could see the little wisps of smoke leaving his ears, getting ready to turn into a full explosion (like the glitter that happened to hit Dex in that one prank that Sophie and I had nothing to do with).

I was about to respond until we heard a familiar squeal down the hallways, so high pitched it could only be Linh, and rushed over to stop her from exploding, except it'd probably be from something cute she was watching instead of anger.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw what it was. Sophie and Noah, my friend, hugging off to the side of the hallway. Linh turned to us, jumping in excitement.