˗ˏˋ24: Sophie'ˎ˗

"Ooh! What about 'I came in like a wrecking ball.'"

"No... that's a Miley Cyrus song. Jeez, I thought you'd know this." I glared at my cousin.

"I'm sorry. But we've been staring at blank paper for an hour now, I can't come up with any new ide—wait! I just thought of something. It's kinda in a middle-aged man voice though. 'If it hadn't been for cotton-eyed Joe-'"

"No! What is wrong with you?" I groaned and threw my head in my hands.

"I really thought that one was original this time." He shook his head at me.

"Can't you write some new love songs or whatever? You've literally got a new boyfriend, do something around that." I glared at him.

"Or maybe, as the other half of this partnership, you can come up with some ideas instead of leaving it to me!"

"Okay, what if I come up with a beat?" I rolled my eyes. Sure, finding a new beat was as difficult or more than just trying to come up with lyrics, but he was still taking the easy way out.

"If you come up with the entire song's beat." I spaced out on my phone, watching all the TikToks centered around Dex and I. I've gotta admit, watching edits of myself is way too fun. I should definitely reuse some of my concert dances, they looked good for edits.

I also saw lots of people from my school posting videos about how excited they were for our concert in Eternalia that week. After hearing Wylie and Jensi complaining, I brought it up with Forkle so we decided to have a Europe tour over winter break. We were starting with Eternalia and nearby areas before break started, then would move on during the break. But in order for our set list to work, we needed to pump out some new songs fast.

"Okay, check this out." Dex hit the play button on his fancy computer, using one of those algorithms where you layer sounds and things and have them loop or something. That's why he works with tech and I don't.

I started bobbing my head to the beat, it was pretty good. Sounded like something people would break out dancing to in the middle of the street... until I realized what lyrics came to mind.

"Dex... Imma let you down easy here. That's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song." I winced at his completely calm expression. It didn't last.

"Gosh dang it!" He threw his computer across the room, slamming it into a wall.

...

Okay not actually. What he really did was much lamer. He took it and winded up to really chuck it, but then he just gently lowered it onto the sofa and patted it gently like it was a child. Then he flopped down next to it and buried his head in his hands.

"Why can't we come up with anything original?" I groaned.

"I dunno... ooh! I have an idea!" I quickly came to attention. I was willing to try anything at that point. "We take a breather, go outside, maybe hang out with our friends, and listen to a lot of Taylor Swift, because she's got all the genres." I wiped a tear from my eye.

"I've trained you so well. Thank gosh you're finally a Swiftie." He rolled his eyes at me but I didn't care. Looked like my Swiftie boot camp worked.

 Looked like my Swiftie boot camp worked