˗ˏˋ 17: Sophie'ˎ˗

I got out of the hospital the next day, with an epipen and some other medicine to hold off the symptoms until I can get to a hospital if (when) this happens again. I also got Stina's snap so we could text and (hopefully) become better friends. Dex wasn't too happy to hear about my newfound friendship, especially since I wouldn't tell him what caused my change of heart about her. It was her story to tell, not mine.

And, all the supplies for Dex's prank had arrived early, so Keefe oh so graciously set it up for me so Dex could set it off when we got home. Since it was some kingdom-wide holiday or whatever, we didn't have school. When we stepped out of the van, I looked around in the trees and bushes to see if I could find where he was recording. I knew the triplets were on the inside and ready, so all the finer details would also be recorded.

Dex, as planned, walked through the door of his house first, then shut it. Also part of the plan. He hated unloading and helping with bags. I knew as soon as I heard his high-pitched screams that he would regret his decisions.

Edaline and Grady looked at the house next to ours with concern, then shifted their gazes to me with raised eyebrows. I just smiled innocently and shrugged. A tactic that always works, proven as they just walked into their own house.

As soon as the door to my house shut, Dex's bursted open. My cousin came sprinting out, covered head-to-toe in pink, green, blue, and red paints, lots of glitter (and I mean a LOT), a poop-resembling substance, a sharpie-drawn beard, mustache, and monocle, his floppy hair significantly shorter (would be a buzz cut but even I'm not that cruel), and a baby chicken nestled in his hair. I don't know why, but he is deathly afraid of chickens, some trauma thing that happened before I was adopted.

He was screaming and crying and his face turned an unnatural shade of red when he saw me on the ground, cackling. Loud snorts could be heard from a bush that would've gotten the perfect view of Dex running out the door. Surprise surprise, Keefe fell out, still snorting.

"What the heck?!" My dear cousin shouted. "What was this for?"

"Well you see, sweet little Dex," dramatic pause to build suspense, "do you remember what you said to Keefe, right after I got a concussion? Well he just so happened to tell me. This caused me to go through a brief spiral of all the things you've called me, and I decided that I need revenge." I gestured to Dex's current state. "Revenge. And the ever so amazing Keefe Sencen decided to help me because... who wouldn't?" I couldn't suppress the smile taking over my face. He just scoffed and marched back inside.

Keefe and the triplets joined me outside where we watched the different videos taken of my amazing prank. It was so amazing, so spectacular, that I was still laughing hours later. His face was absolutely priceless. The look of fear, anger, and disgust was the best thing I've ever seen.

Now, before anyone asks, I cannot legally disclose any specific information about this mysterious event in which many lives were at risk (but no animals were harmed). All that will be known to the public is that it's my fault for glitter being outlawed in the kingdom of Eternalia. And for Dex looking weirder than usual for the week.

I can also say that Keefe and I have officially dubbed ourselves the pranking masters, although only to each other since we were in no way related to what happened that fateful day. Well, legally we weren't. But in terms of my parents, we were worse than murderers.

Dex didn't talk to me for a while. That was the best time of my life. I proceeded to attempt to steal all of his friends, which proved to be quite difficult given I had no classes with them. I gave up quite easily and instead focused on my five new besties: Keefe, Stina, Maruca, Jensi, and Wylie.

I hung out with the latter two at school. The three of us became extremely close, helping to pry Jensi away from the "drooly bois." The name of their group gives it all away. Long, greasy hair; bulky braces; bad acne; obnoxiously big and round glasses; pale, vampire like skin; the personality of a potato. I have nothing against guys with long hair, braces, glasses, or acne. But with some of that stuff, you've gotta take charge. Seriously, have they never heard of shampoo?