˗ˏˋ 18: Keefe'ˎ˗

I was wondering what was up with Sophie and why she dragged him away so quickly, but my curiosity quickly vanished as I heard their voices heading back to us from down the hall.

"We are not bombing his house." Dex said responsibly.

"C'mon Dex, it's the only way! We should've done it a long time ago!" Sophie responded.

"No, we aren't gonna bomb an old guy's house!"

"You just said it, he's old anyway! Who knows how much longer he has left, we're doing him a favor!"

The cousins came back into view, enough so that my group of friends and I could see Dex's dumbfound expression. "Can you please tell my cousin that bombing an old guy's house isn't a smart idea?" He asked us. I smirked and took the opportunity.

"I think it's a pretty good idea. I mean, he doesn't have much time left, right?" Dex stared at me in shock. Sophie smiled, which was worth the smack I got from Linh.

"Exactly!" Sophie exclaimed and high-fived me. Internally, I was definitely not squealing like a little girl meeting her favorite princess at Disney World just because my hand came into contact with the most beautiful girl I've ever seen's hand.

Yeah, no. That's definitely not what happened. And if it was, you'd never know because it was all interna-

"Keefe!" I quickly came to attention and was looking at Biana's worried face.

"You good?" I asked her.

"You weren't responding to anything for a couple minutes. Passing time is almost over. Are you good?" Sophie asked. I sighed and smiled. She was worrying about me! She asked me if I'm "good." Yes, my dear sweet beautiful Foster. I'm in heaven.

"Mmmmmhmmmmm, uh huh, never b-better!" She eyed me, probably thinking about how smooth I was.

We all left for class, which I sadly did not have with my dear Foster, but I did have it with Dex, Tam, and Fitz, which led to an interesting class.

Fitz, Tam, Linh, and I were all in level six. Biana, Marella, Dex, and Sophie were in level five. Thankfully, some of the classes had nothing to do with levels, just your experience with the class, or if you had already taken ones in the same course. Dex was a complete alchemy wiz, so he was naturally in the same class as Fitz and I. Linh didn't pass the previous year of chemistry so she didn't get to join us this year. Maybe Dex could tutor her.

Alchemy wasn't something many schools had, it was mainly a thing in our school. I knew that Sophie and Dex's previous school took science very seriously, so they were ready for the level six class, just as level fives.

It was a terrible class, as always. Normally I'd say Lady Galvin was the devil in disguise, but it's like she wasn't even trying to disguise herself. She just was the devil. The only good thing about that class was we got to pick our seats. And sitting with Dex also meant help from Dex. Help from Dex meant passing the class with flying colors. Not that I already wouldn't. The counselor wanted me to move up a level but I told my parents I didn't want to, already getting singled out enough as a prince.

Whatever class Foster had, she was able to snap me. I'd never been more thankful for Snapchat typically being used for pictures with words rather than actual texting, since I was able to see a picture of the gym floor with the words "i'm boted". She sent another snap two seconds later, "bored*". I laughed and sent her a picture of the floor. "me 2. alchemy is so boting".

She would probably beat me up later for mocking her but I didn't care. She couldn't spell in texts! She just kept getting more adorable.

I was about ready to slap myself with one of Lady Galvin's toxic chemicals. I couldn't believe how quickly I had gotten attached to Foster. Sure, I'd had crushes before, girlfriends too, but none of them were like the beautiful blonde. The first time I saw her, a picture on Dex's phone, I couldn't stop thinking about her long, silky-looking hair, or her big, warm brown eyes. Then I met her in real life and had more to think about than just her looks. She was as beautiful on the inside as she was out. She was smart, kind, and never failed to make me laugh. Real laughs too, not just ones to make people think I'm all good.

She sent me a GIF of a cat with a knife, the caption being Stabby Stab. Safe to say I was fearing for my life. Dex looked over my shoulder and saw it.

"Oh dude... what's your favorite song that would be fitting for a funeral? Also are there any specific flowers you would like to have... let's say tossed on your coffin when you die? By the way, that's just hypothetical." I was really scared then.

"Don't worry, I've already got his funeral planned out." Tam dated with an evil smirk. He also looked over my shoulder and saw the text from Sophie. "Won't be as rewarding if she gets to you first." He pouted.

"Ummmm, how about we keep it where I don't need a funeral, at all?" I asked hopefully. Dex just shook his head like I was a little kid asking why I couldn't have candy.

"Too late man. Whatever you did, no turning back now. Try to apologize, while you can." I quickly typed out "i'm so sorry please forgive me". When she didn't respond in five minutes, I tried a different strategy. "autocorrect hahaha, am i right?" She still didn't answer.

"Dex stole my phone, can't believe he'd try to do me wrong like that. sorry foster!" I added a wink and smile emoji for good measure.

"I'll kill him". I wiped sweat off my forehead in relief.

"Thanks Dex!" I patted him on the back. "You didn't need to take the fall for me like that, but I'm glad you did!" When he looked at me in confusion, I showed him the start of when the snaps were typed out. He paled and his jaw dropped. So did he, falling to the floor dramatically.

"How could you?!" He cried out. I cackled at his distress. Fitz and Tam joined me after being caught up.

"Mr. Dizznee, get off the floor this instant." Lady Galvin scolded. "We are in the middle of a lab, this is not the time for horseplay." He quickly stood up and apologized with a blush.

"Nice one." Tam snickered. Dex glared then gave Tam some more instructions for the lab, making it explode all over his silver-tipped bangs. Lady Galvin face-palmed.

"As bad as that Ruewen girl." She muttered under her breath. I smiled, imagining my Foster with harmless green goo all over her. I might have to make a prank like that because she looked adorable in my head. Although she always does.

Hi guys! Sorry for the late update, I've had a lot of stuff going on with school and friends and family. Thank you so much for reading, I hope you'll vote if you liked it and comment to tell me what you think! I love you all so much! 

Avery, out ->

🫳

🎤