˗ˏˋ11: Sophie'ˎ˗

I had just gotten home and laid down on my bed, getting onto YouTube Shorts for a singular second before I got the news.

"Sophie Foster." Keefe's voice said on my phone. I already regretted accepting the call.

"Keefe Sencen."

"You will never believe what your cousin called you." His voice got closer to the phone like he was whispering some juicy secret.

"I'm sure I can. He's called me a lot of stuff." I spewed off a bunch of curse words that Dex has referred to me as in the past. "Was it one of those?" All that was on the other line was silence. Right before I hung up, he spoke.

"Yeah, the third one."

"Oh that little fourth, twelfth, fifty-sixth, and twenty-third!"

"Dang Foster, you're hardcore."

"You haven't even heard the worst of it. Now I have to go, there's some epic payback I need to plan."

"I can help." I could practically hear the smirk.

"Great then, let's do it."

I knew my cousin was slow

I knew my cousin was slow. Like, snail slow. It took him THREE HOURS to get from the hospital to our houses. Which definitely worked in Keefe and I's favors. We spent that time scheming up the perfect revenge prank.

Of course, it can't be put into effect yet. The supplies needed will take a few weeks to arrive, even with Amazon's speed deliveries.

Keefe and I also learned we had several things in common while on call. For example: pranks, practical and impractical jokes, regular jokes, and teasing people, among other things.

Eventually he told me I needed to rest, which is shocking given that it's Keefe. I teased him relentlessly about caring for me, which resulted in stuttering and an immediate hang up.

Does he like me? I asked myself. It didn't seem too far-fetched with his reaction. Nah, it was probably just the phone glitching. I decided. Why would he like me? We just met and the entire time we talked I've had a concussion.

So no, he does not like me.

Definitely not.