˗ˏˋ 16: Sophie'ˎ˗

I found out later that Biana heard what I was saying to Dex, but I didn't at the moment. We continued to talk and watch some Outer Banks (my comfort show), poor Dex having to endure me ranting about how hot Rafe Cameron and JJ Maybank are.

"You're lucky I love you. And you're injured." He grumbled after I squealed during a particularly cute scene between JJ and Kiara.

"I think you secretly enjoy this." I teased, having what I said confirmed after he smiled and shook his head a little bit. He definitely agreed with me that jiara is life.

"I think all this mental stuff you've got going on is messing with your brain." He ruffled my hair. I stuck out my tongue in retaliation.

"Hey kids, we've got dinner!" Edaline exclaimed in a sing-songy voice, her and Grady walking in with some bags of takeout, plus Dex's parents and siblings.

Everyone crowded around my bed eating some off brand McDonald's that you can only find in Eternalia. Grady forced me to hand over the remote so we could turn on a movie that everyone wanted to watch since only Dex and I had seen Outer Banks. I know, my family is completely uncultured.

We watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving movie since it was nearly Thanksgiving and the triplets begged us to watch it. I obviously obliged like the kind person I am and not because I absolutely love that movie with all my heart. Snoopy is everything.

Sadly, I fell asleep in the middle of it and woke up thirty seconds later, having missed an amazing Snoopy scene. Although I was happy because I knew this was all the sleep I would be getting. I proceeded to stay up all night after everyone had fallen asleep next to me, writing some epic bangers all inspired by my concussion although they sounded like mental health or breakup songs. I was just too good.

Eventually I woke Juline and Kelser up—masking my face with a tired expression to make it seem I just woke up—and pointed out that they should probably get the triplets home since they had school in the morning. I know, I'm such a good person. I watched as they gently picked them up and carried them out, leaving Dex here since he probably wouldn't be going to school anyways.

I continued to stay awake while the rest of my family slept (that sounds creepy but I swear I wasn't watching them or anything, I was just playing Crossy Road). I got super bored at one point so I decided to stand up and go wandering. I unhooked all the machines that I didn't need to walk with, then slipped out between Grady and Edaline, praying to any and all Gods that they wouldn't wake up.

After a few minutes of hobbling through hallways aimlessly, I heard a familiar voice and decided to follow it. When I got to the room the voice was in, I didn't know what part of the hospital I was in. But that didn't matter, I was too far in to turn back.

"It's not fair!" The voice I heard earlier screeched. "I don't want to lose him."

"You'll have to deal with it, Stina. Don't be a baby. He's almost gone and it'll just be you and me. So give up the little sad act and get over it."

"He's my dad! How am I supposed to get over him dying in front of us? And he's your husband too! How can you act like this?" I almost wanted to cry for Stina. I remembered when I lost my parents and it was tough. Then having some foster parents telling me to get over it, that was really bad. But I couldn't imagine my own mom telling me "don't be a baby" and to "get over it." Stina's mom... I wanted to punch her.

In all my life, I've always believed that no matter what's going on at home you should always be the best person you can be to others. It's something I live by. But hearing all this, I really didn't blame Stina for how she acted at school.

I heard her start to storm out of the room so I quickly acted like I had just been walking in that direction, not hearing a thing.

"New girl? What are you looking at?" She snapped when she saw me. I pretended not to notice her wiping tears from her cheeks.