CHAPTER #13

Lu He watched his seat mate sleeping, waiting to see if she started to drool, like in the past. This was the first day of their final semester, before they graduated to start senior high school. He'd had classes with his seat mate in the last semester too. He noticed a girl lean across the isle towards them.

She tapped his shoulder. "Do you like her?"

He turned her way and replied, "is that important?"

She looked down and moved to sit properly in her seat, "yes it's important."

Lu He move closer to her, raising one eyebrow and propping his head up on one hand. While staring into her eyes, he asked, "who does this matter to?"

The girl looked away first and returned to writing something in a notebook.

Lu He smirked, which was hidden by the mask. This semester might just hold some interesting possibilities. The curious girl, wasn't someone he recognized and that in itself caught his attention. However the rest of the class, she avoided making contact. Like most classes, this one would be easy for him too.

Once class ended she put in ear buds and left. Lu He turned his attention to the girl beside him, "you drooled again. Have a napkin."

"Shut up... thanks. Did I miss anything important."

He handed her the copy of class notes he'd already made for her. "Buy me lunch."

"That's two classes away and we might not share the next ones."

"You know where to find me."

She rolled her eyes, "basketball courts?"

"Yup." He stood up and walked out into the hall.

"Lu He!" A guy shouted down the hall.

"Feifei, what's up?"

"Do you have physics next?"

"Yes, do you?"

"Awesome!" Feifei caught up to him, "finally I won't be bothered by all the dumb people in class."

Lu He chuckled, "you're the only one who gives me a challenge for top grades."

"Not true, your bro Qihe still is top. He beat both of us for best grade point average, which is so frustrating because he rarely shows up to class."

"What I meant was that you're the only one not related to me, that has excellent brain capacity."

"Why don't you ever skip?"

"I don't want people to think I'm like Qihe... or associated with the shit Mafia Boy does."

"Right, sorry I asked." Feifei regretted making Lu He upset. He'd run into the other twin before, due to liking the same girl. It hadn't ended in blows from Qihe, but the threat had been very clear.

"Let's go to class, I don't want to get stuck sitting close to the blackboard," Lu He suggested.

As soon as they got seated, Lu He rested his head on one arm, watching the door to see who was in their class. He closed his eyes for a while, just listening to the gossip around them, trying to match voices to the person without looking. He felt something on his hand, but remained still.

Feifei watched a girl start drawing on Lu He's hand. She turned to him and whispered, "shh... don't tell him it was me."

Feifei smirked, "he's not sleeping."

"Ah?!" She responded in shock, taking her hand back suddenly.  When Lu He didn't move, she tried to see if his eyes were open, but was ignored.

The teacher arrived then and everyone sat up, except Lu He.  That irritated the teacher.  He knew about the twins who wore masks.  One was the school fighter named Mafia Boy, that most feared and the other was Mask Man.  This semester the twins had different hair colours and thus easier to identify.  Lu He had blackish blue hair and Qihe was platinum silver.  The physics teacher knew both always had top grades and were untouchable as the principle had warned. He didn't think these boys should be allowed to go to school in this district, due to who their father was and resented that nothing could be done about it.  While the rest of the class worked on solving the problems put on the board, the one called Mask Man looked to be sleeping.