CHAPTER #23

Most of the junior high school graduates had to go to cram school, but not the twins and not their girlfriends. Both Lu He and Qihe were acting as tutors for Chyou and Mey. They did a few double-dates too, but mostly just gave their individual attention and time to their girlfriends.  Lu He split his time between Chyou and his acting. Qihe was still working security jobs for his father, doing modelling or commercials and playing in more e-sports competitions. Street fighting was still happening too, but not as frequently. Qihe didn't have time to search out fights, but if challenged he always accepted.

Mey and Chyou became good friends, just because of dating the twins, but found they had a lot of similar interests.  Mey asked for Chyou's advice. "Qihe is spending more and more time working.  And his nights are all about e-sports.  I feel like an after-thought or like his time with me is just a burden.  What should I do?"

Always a realist, Chyou replied. "Well the good thing about him doing constructive things, is he's fighting less right?"

"True and I am thankful for that, because sometimes those fights have been pretty violent and I worry he'll get seriously hurt.  I dare not say anything, because I don't want him angry with me and I knew he was a fighter when I first approached him.  But I'm lonely."

"Do you have work or hobbies too?"

"I work at a convenience store.  I just got the job, because Qihe is always busy in the evening, so I took the night shift.  I get trained tomorrow tonight."

"Maybe try scheduling a date with Qihe, so you get his undivided attention."

"Maybe.  He was so awesome as a boyfriend the first week after graduation," Mey sighed. "I know Lu He is busy with his acting, don't you feel lonely too?"

"Sometimes.  I've been taking language courses, because one day I want to work in the USA.  I am planning to sign up for the exchange program while in senior high."

"I remember that you had top marks in English class, so that doesn't surprise me.  Everyone seems to be going forward with their lives, except me."

"Have you thought about what career you want in the future?" Chyou asked, while drinking from her coffee mug.

"Maybe a nurse or medical technician.  God knows I've fixed up Qihe so many times."

Both girls laughed and ate some of the pastries that arrived at their cafe table. While they chatted about school and careers, Mey got a phone call from Qihe.

"Remember that tournament I was playing in last night?"

"Yes, you cancelled our date for it."

"Sorry, I'll make it up to you this afternoon.  I won the tournament. They're interviewing me too."

"Is it another trophy or did you get some cool stuff?"

"Cash prize.  I'll take you out to dinner, you can choose anywhere."

"Your house and you feed me... naked." Mey smirked and stuck her tongue out at Chyou, as she made faces.

Qihe laughed, "okay I'll be your servant."

"Are you picking me up or should I just come to your house at like 7 pm?"

"I'll come get you after I leave Seven Cranes Entertainment. That's where the interview is being held."

"Okay, sounds good." Mey ended the call.

"Ooohhhh, you're a kinky girl!" Teased Chyou.

Ignoring the comment, Mey asked, "after this you are going to Seven Cranes Entertainment to see Lu He right?"