Chapter Two

"MAVERICK WHAT THE HELL!?"

Why was he in my best friends car? He's been gone all fucking morning. I swear if he laid one hand on her his ass is gonna be grass.

"Relax little sis, it's not what it looks like."

Ew. The way he said that sentence made him sound creepy as fuck.

"Oh come on Maverick I think it's exactly what it looks like!"
"It's not my fault the ladies love me," he said, giving a wink after.

After all these years and I still can't get used to his snobby self. Or the fact that his voice seems to be ten times rougher than what it used to be. Jaylynn jumps in not too long after getting out of the grey Honda Accord.

"Maverick shut up and stop giving your sister bad ideas."
"Yes ma'am," he said, in a sarcastic manner. "See you around sis." He turned around and headed down the driveway and across the street back into his house.

His house is actually pretty nice. It's a lot of white and grey to be honest but it looks elegant. I mean hey it's better than my black brick house. The big bad wolf couldn't huff and puff and blow my house down though. I center my attention back to Jaylynn. I give her nothing but the, "Are you fucking kidding me right now?" look.

"Kira look I promise you it's not what it looks like, plus you know how your brother is."

Okay she has a point I mean Mav is always doing something extravagant and he just loves to make matters worse for anyone. Gotta love him though.

"Okay true, but why was he in your car?"

I feel like I had some serious attitude behind those words but seriously my best friend and my brother? Hell no.

"Funny story actually, well not that funny but you know. So I was on my way here right and as you know I got stuck behind farm equipment. Well when I was driving here I saw a black BMV M3 parked on the side of the road. The car looked familiar but I assumed it was probably just another person who had the same car as your brother so I played it off. Well we're driving slow cause again farm equipment so we get up the road a little bit and I see your brother standing on the side of the road trying to get cell service. So me being the nice best friend that I am offered to give him a ride considering well we're practically going to the same place. And well now here I am!"

She said everything so calmly that just the tone of her voice managed to cool me off. I can just imagine my brother looking dumb as fuck standing on the side of the road holding his phone up trying to get cell service. I would've paid to see that. He most definitely probably thought he was giving the girls driving by a show. We get it Mav you have nice hair and the girls "love" you.

"Ohh okay so it was just Mav being a dumbass as always," I say in a joking manner.
"Yup pretty much!" We both begin to laugh.

I've been so caught up with work that I forgot how much I missed her. I haven't seen her in about one no wait two months. Two fucking months. Jaylynn's light brown eyes light up in the sun. So they're bursting brown at the moment. She hasn't changed one bit. She was a little dress up today, more than me that's for sure. She had curled her hair today. I've always loved her hair color, its shade is more of a mocha brown. Whatever shade of brown it is, it suits her really well. Whenever she smiles her dimples show off. She has a soothing and gentle tone of voice. It can calm down just about anyone no matter the problem. She's wearing bell bottom jeans, she can pull them off that's for sure. She has this strawberry halter top matched with a strawberry cardigan. She radiates the smell of a nice summer day even though it's literally spring. Again, she's pretty dressed up today. We head inside and we talk about how our lives have been. I can't really say too much considering my job can't be known about. But on the plus side I found out a little more about Jaylynn! Evidently she's going to college to be a reading teacher. She loves reading with a passion so I can definitely see her teaching.

"So Jaylynn, any knight in shining armor coming to save you recently?" A smirk immediately grows on my face after finishing the sentence.
"Actually no, considering the fact you scared them all away," she says sarcastically.
"Why need some man to keep you safe when you got me?" We both laugh about that for a good minute.
"Guess what Kray!"
"Oh c'mon Jay you know damn well I'm bad at guessing!"
"C'monnn just guess something already." 
"Ughh fine. Uhm you got a dog?"
"Yeaaa no. I brought popcorn."
"Jay if you're thinking what I'm thinking." "MOVIE NIGHT," we squeal in unison. I just know the neighbors probably heard that but fuck it.
"I'll make the popcorn, Kira you can look for the movie."
"Yes ma'am," I say jokingly mocking the remark Mav made earlier today.

I end up turning on the first Scream movie. It's a classic and Billy Loomis is a pretty fine man. Jaylynn gets back with a huge bowl of popcorn buttered and all. By the time we finish the movies it's already 11pm.
"Jaylynn you good?"
"Yea I'm good, I'm just tir- ,"she gets cut off with a yawn.
"Girl I don't know if it's safe for you to be driving home at this hour when you're this tired."
"I'll be fine Kira," she yawns again.
"Yea no not happening, I'm gonna go see if my brother will take you home you stay here."

I walk over to my brothers house and ring the door bell. Ofc, no answer. Where the hell does he go all the time? He's hardly ever home anymore. Stay out of it Kira it's not your business. I walk back over to my house and when I walk in I see Jaylynn passed out on the couch. I grab a blanket from my room and gently place it on her. I head back to my room and check my computer.

*4 new messages*

Looks like tomorrow is gonna be a busy day when it comes to my job. I turn on my led lights and turn my fan on full blast, as always. I grab my favorite blanket and close my eyes. And off to dream land I go.

*The next morning*

I wake up at noon. I get up and do my daily routine.
•Clothes
•Teeth
•Hair

I figured Jaylynn would leave whenever she woke up so I'm not suprised she's gone.I pull out my phone.

*2 messages*

Jay:Hey! I'm sorry I left before you woke up but I had plans today. I hope you understand. I had a lot of fun! We should hang out more often<3

Me: It's all good girl! I'm glad you enjoyed it though, and we definitely should.

Though let me be honest, the likelihood of us getting to hang out it slim. With me and my type of work and her going to college, I bet we hardly see each other at all. I really did miss hanging out with her though.

Mav: What's up little sis. I was looking back on camera footage and saw that you were knocking on the door. Everything alright?

Me:Oh you know same old same old. But yea everythings fine and dandy. Me and Jaylynn was hit last night so I was gonna see if you would drop her off at her house. I would've but I was way too tired so I didn't feel comfortable driving.

Mav:Oh okay. Sorry sis, if I wasn't busy I would've said yeah in a heartbeat.

Me: It's alright dipshit.

Welp I better start preparing for the job tonight. I tie my hair up, pretty damn tight at that.I walk into my room and make sure to lock the door. I turn on my room light and I walk into the closet. I turn on the closest light and begin on my days work.