Chapter Four

I wake up abruptly. Where the hell am I? I'm in such a panic that I don't even take time to process my surroundings. All I know is I need to get out of here. Now. I go to stand and immediately feel a force pull me back down. Uhm excuse me what the actual fuck. I try again but the same thing happens. It takes me a minute to come to my senses. I'm fucking chained up. I feel a sort of panic begin to arise. It doesn't help the fact that I'm frustrated. I mean who would like being chained up to some wall by some unknown person in some unknown room. Well I might as well get comfortable because it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere soon.

I rest my head against the wall. The coldness the wall leaves against my body helps calm me a bit. I glance around the room. It's pretty empty for the most part. I mean there's a pretty nice pool table and a sofa along with a few chairs, but besides that its pretty much a regular old basement. Creepy.

A few moments pass by and I hear a few voices coming from the wooden steps. One sticks out to me in particular. Maverick. What if he's in trouble? What if he took Maverick to try to get to me? Fuck I gotta get outta here. I try pulling at the chains but clearly nothing was gonna work. Just then I hear the basement door open.

I see black boots emerge onto the first step with a thud. I watch as the black boots take another step. Then another. The black boots then form into black jeans. Thud. Another step is taken. Eventually a torso is formed. Two arms which are covered in sleeves. A white tank top shows off the toned figure. Eventually the figure is hovering above me. Khaos Blackwell. Every inch of my body begins to tense up.

"Well look who's awake." The taunting tone of his voice rang through my ears.

The audacity of this dude has my blood boiling. Just keep quiet Kira.

"Why so quiet now? You sure had a lot to say at Kisses. Thought you wanted to get to know me?"

I give him a disgusted look and turn my head to look away.

In a few short moments I feel his slightly cold hands grabbing my face. Don't fucking touch me. He turns my head to make me look at him.

"Sweetheart, didn't anyone teach you manners? Its impolite to look away when someone's talking to you."

There's not one thing about this man that doesn't piss me off. To be honest I preferred him not as enthusiastic.

The room is filled with silence for a while, the tension grows with each minute. I can't even stand to look at his face.

"Where the fuck is my brother? I heard his voice earlier I know you have him!"

I couldn't contain it any longer. I had to make sure Maverick was okay.

"Oh look someone finally decided to come up with an ice breaker. But I'm not sure I know who exactly you're talking about," he said with a grin slowly growing across his face.

From the vibe he was radiating it seemed to me like he knew exactly who I was talking about.

"Cut the small talk would ya. You know exactly who I'm talking about."

I really wished he'd stop playing dumb at this particular moment.

"Oh you wouldn't mean Maverick Valentine?"

The mood of the room switched instantly. My heart san. For once I felt scared. Was Maverick even alive at this point? Was Maverick dangerously injured all because of me? I need him to be safe. I need my brother.

"Maybe, why is he hurt?" I know my voice was filled with concern but I tried to be strong.
"Ooo, have we hit a little weakness point sweetheart?"

The tone of his voice showing he was intrigued with the little bit of information he just gathered.

"Fuck you," I said full of pure hatred.

Of course he just had to keep firing me up.

"Damn you're pretty bold. I mean all of that and it's only been the first night?"

Something about this man just enrages me. Sure maybe he was a little attractive but that ego was horrendous.

He finally lets the grip off my face. I'm pretty pissed off at the moment so I decided to spit on his boots. Let's just say that most definitely ticked him off as much as I'm ticked off.

"God. Talk about a filthy bitch. We'll fix your fucking behavior in a minute. Until then you better hope to God something doesn't happen to the pretty boy up there."

He stormed off up the wooden and stairs and the last thing I heard was the bang from the slamming door.

Oh shit. What did I just start? What if I just got my brother killed? God damnit Kira what's wrong with you? I feel tears begin to fill my eyes. If he lands one hand on my brother I swear, as soon as I get free he's a dead man.

About an hour goes by and I haven't heard anything come from upstairs yet. Either way I'm still worried. Just as I begin to drift off I hear the basement door open. I can hear the thuds of someone coming down the steps. As I open my eyes to check whose coming down of course there he is. Khaos Blackwell.

My body goes from somewhat calm to tense within the matter of seconds. I can feel him just staring at me. I'm honestly freaked out but I'm trying to maintain my cool.

"Alright Kira. I'm going to try one more time and one more time only." He sounded a bit more intense than normal, he's definitely serious about these questions.

I look up at him.

"Alright first question. Why did you slip that sleeping potion into my drink?"

Oh shit, if this is the first question I'd hate to hear the others. I quickly look away, making sure to not make a comment.

"Fine, if you wanna be like that go right ahead. I'll let you explain to your brother why he's going to have to go through a whole lot of pain."

Immediately tears fill to my eyes. I'm just making things worse. I debate for a minute, maybe he's bluffing.

I watch as Khaos begins to make his way to the steps. I begin to panic, I'm loosing time. Shit. I hear him take his first step up the stairs. Then another. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

"Stop! Wait come back!"

I knew he was enjoying every little bit of this. But for once I had to stop being stubborn it's about my fucking brother. I watch him make his way back down the steps and head over towards me. He grabs a chair from the pool section and drags it over. He turns the chair around and saddles it. His tatted arms lean over the back of the chair.

"Good. Let's begin shall we?"