Chapter Three

Ugh here's goes to another days work. I take one last hit of my cigarette before getting into my outfit of tonight. I decided to wear a black cropped hoodie and black cargo pants. I pull my black mask up over my face. It feels nice to be able to cover up my most hated feature for once. Tonight feels like any other night. Dark.

I redo my bun and make sure my hair is tied back into perfection. I slide a backup knife into my bun. You never know what tonight can bring. I slip my black boots on and put a knife in my right foot. I fill up one pocket with extra clips. I fill another with different varieties of knifes including throwing knifes. I fill up another pocket with sleeping potion and poison. I put my black handgun into my holster. I'm almost ready as I grab my sniper rifle and head out of the closet. I make sure to lock all three doors, the one inside the closet, the closet, and my bedroom door.

I put on the gloves I left out on the kitchen table. I make sure to grab the $200 on the table. You never know when you'll need the extra cash. I take one last look at the list before I head out. As I walk out, the clock hits 12. I take out my burner phone and call Emberly.

*She picks up*

Emberly:Hey K what's up?

Me:Hey Em, I gotta hit a few jobs tonight, you think you can drive?

Emberly:K you do know who you're calling right? I'm the best driver there is, I'll be there in 20!

Me:I'll be in the alley way!

*The call ends*

I make my way to the alley way. When I arrive I have about 15 minutes until Emberly arrives. I've known Emberly since middle school. Never in a million years would I have thought she'd be my get away driver. We both ended up taking this "career" path since it was a pretty good paying job. We didn't find out that we both were in this job until last year when we ran into each other during a mission. Both our targets where in the same place, it was pretty ironic to be honest. Though I'd say we slayed that mission better than we slayed those people.

10 minutes pass by and I hear a car approaching. Who would've guessed, it's Emberly.
"Hop in K!"

I get into the passenger side.

"You're here early."
"What can I say I'm just that good," she says sarcastically. We both laugh.

Out of all my friends I'd have to say she has the best humor.

"Leeland Ave."
"No way I just had a target down there a couple weeks ago."

She almost seemed surprised that there's a new mission down there this early. What has this world come to.

"I know, its pretty damn tragic but I mean money's money."

I hope she doesn't think that I don't care about the people. Trust and believe me I do but I gotta make a living. Why not make a living doing something I'm good at?

The car ride was silent other than the Billie Elish playing on the car speakers. We arrive to the destination pretty quickly. It's 12:20.

"Meet back at 12:50?"
"Sounds good to me," she says before speeding off.

I look around to locate the first target. Logan Martin. Oh look he's in a drug deal. Cunt. I head up to the balcony of one of the nearby apartments.

I make sure to keep my eyes locked on the target as I set up. I finish setting up and look through the scope of the sniper rifle. I see some girl approaching mister Logan Martin. One of them is receiving drugs the other is receiving money. To be truthful I don't really care which one is receiving which. I think they both should be shot. I mean c'mon whats keeping me from killing them both right here right now? Get it together Kira! Ah one of my favorite parts of my job is I get to kill people like him.