Chapter Thirteen

We all take a seat at the table. Of course I get sat directly across from Maverick and right next to Khaos. Khaos was generous enough to pull out my chair for me. Maverick pulled out Willow's chair for her. At least they have some manners

"Alright listen Kira..before we start I want you to know it's not your fault. I don't need you blaming yourself for anything that you're about to discover. As much as Khaos might not seem like it, he's deeply sorry for the predicament that we are in. As weird as it may sound, I look up to Khaos."

Maverick had a pained look in his hazel eyes. I hardly ever see him emotional or upset so this topic probably isn't going to be easy for me to handle. No matter what I have to keep it together not only for me and Maverick but for mom as well. The room was ghostly silent. All eyes were on me.

"Maverick I'll be fine. I'm not a kid anymore I can handle a little bit of truth and sadness in my life. Doesn't stop me from being upset that you got involved in all this shit though. And for you to look up to you Khaos? If anything he should be looking up to you. You don't need to put yourself lower and let alone that low. Really Mav really?"

I had a little hatred put into my voice when I finally gained the voice I needed to speak. I love Maverick to death don't get me wrong. But to compare and look up to someone who hit his own sister and held you at gun point in front of your sister?? If it wasn't for me saving his sorry ass, he'd probably be dead.

"Kira-"

Khaos gets interrupted by Willow and honestly it shocked me a bit.

"Look Kira I get it, you're upset. You're confused. You've witnessed so much over the past few days and it's hard to handle. But you don't know my brother like we do. Yea sure he can be a dick and piss people off. Yea he doesn't have the best past. But none of us are perfect. How would you feel if I was bad-mouthing you're brother? You got to get your shit together."

She gets up abruptly and mumbles something under her breath before storming off.

I've never seen Willow so upset. She's right though, I need to pull it together. God damnit I'm Kira Valentine. Im a badass assassin whose just trying to make a living. I don't need anyone. I don't have to rely on anyone. I have to fix this.

"She's right you know Kira."

Maverick says with a softened yet concerned look.

"I know she is Mav. I owe everyone here an apology. Khaos could've let me die today. Whether he has a reasoning to keep me alive or not he still made sure I was safe. I thank him for that."

I try so hard not to roll my eyes. I hate being affectionate let alone to a dude who practically kidnapped me. Okay to be fair I did try to kill him but still.

"You know I'm right there Kira."

Khaos says with a slight smirk.

"No dip Sherlock. Was I talking to you? No I didn't think so. You should be thankful I even said that."

He rolls his eyes before smirking even more. I hate not knowing what he's thinking of but it was so worth it.

"Okay Maverick. Rock paper scissors. Whoever loses has to break the news to Kira and hope you don't become her next victim."

Khaos gives me a look that was so cocky and arrogant I wanted to just slap him right there.

"Alright, deal."

Maverick states while sticking out his hand at the same time as Khaos. They put one hand behind their back before beginning. It's a serious event and there over here playing rock papers scissors. Khaos looks at me and whispers soft enough that Maverick can't hear.