Chapter Seven

The room is dead silent. Everyone is tense, you can quite literally feel the vibe of the room. I've never heard silence speak so loudly before. I've completely blanked out into space. I'm honestly petrified, chills fill my entire body. I feel completely hopeless. At least I know Maverick's okay but why in the hell is he with Khaos Blackwell. Khaos grabs Willow by the arm, his grip is firm you can tell by the pain in Willow's green eyes. I have no clue where they're going but I'm scared for Willow and in a sense I think Maverick is too. Maverick approaches me, I'm shaking as bad as a dog during a thunderstorm.

"Kira are you okay? Has he hurt you? If he put one of his filthy fucking hands on you I promise you he'll end up dead. What the fuck did he do to you Kira?"

I can feel the anger in his voice. Not once in my twenty two years have I ever and I mean ever seen Maverick this pissed. He's a pretty calm dude and it takes a ton to get him even the slightest bit of mad. At this point I'm scared of my own brother.

"KIRA LOOK AT ME DAMNIT DID HE HURT YOU," more anger grows within him with each second, like a beast waiting to explode inside.
"He didn't hurt me Maverick. Not physically at least," I say, my voice is on the verge of breaking.
"Kira tell me everything and I mean everything." I can tell he's not going to take this lightly.

I finish explaining to him the whole situation. Sure, I might've left out the part about me being a whole ass assassin and trying to kill Khaos but that's besides the point. I think of it as protecting my brother. He's always trying to protect me for once I need to protect him, the less he knows about my job the better. I watch as Maverick grows more and more enraged. He picks up a glass object, I'm pretty sure it was some form of a glass ball but I'm not for sure, and chucks it against the wall shattering it completely.

I'm petrified, I have no idea what Maverick is going to do. Not to mention Khaos seems like a pretty strong dude, him and Maverick are about the same weight class but Khaos is a little bit bigger. Either way I'm pretty sure Khaos has more experience than Maverick, I can't let him get hurt. I'm pretty sure there was commotion going on in the back of the house but Maverick was in such a rage I don't think he noticed.

A few moments later Willow and Khaos walk into the living room area. Willow had mascara streaming down her face from the tears she cried. The tears flowed as powerful as a waterfall even though she was completely silent. A fire truck red handprint showed across her face. I can't believe Khaos would hit his own sister but then again I wouldn't put it past him. Before I even have the chance to process the situation Maverick's shoving Khaos against the wall.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT WITH MY DAMN SISTER."

Khaos grabs a hold of Maverick and slams him into the wall full force.

"YOU THINK I WANT THAT PATHETIC LITTLE BITCH IN MY HOUSE? IS THAT REALLY WHAT YOU THINK MAVERICK?" His voice grew deep and full of hatred.

I was genuinely scared for my brother. I knew he was strong and could take care of himself. But this isn't any normal scenario. I feel helpless. He's screaming on and on about something I couldn't even tell you about. I'm in such a panic nothing's really making sense. I watch as Maverick struggles but manages to get Khaos off of him. They have the tightest grip on eachother right now. Khao's icy blue eyes and Maverick's hazel eyes pierce through eachothers souls. Willow tries to get in the middle of them. Bad Mistake. Khaos shoves Willow out of the way, she stumbles and hits her head on the counter. His own fucking sister and he's so caught up in his own mess he doesn't even care. They continue screaming at eachother but I tune them out. I have to make sure Willow's safe.

I quickly head over to Willow, trying to avoid the conflict happening between the boys. I check her pulse and thankfully she still has one, not that Khaos would know. She's knocked unconscious, there's not external bleeding of the head. She'll have to go to the doctors though, I wouldn't say she has anything more than a concussion. I leave her where she's at, there's not much I can do at the moment for her. I tune back into what they're saying, they still have a hold of each other and they're constantly back and forth.

"MAVERICK FACE IT YOUR SISTER IS FUCKING USELESS. ALL SHE DOES IS CAUSE PROBLEMS. WE WOULDN'T EVEN BE IN THIS MESS IF SHE DIDN'T GET CAUGHT UP IN IT."

He has Maverick up against the wall by the collar of his shirt.

"NO YOU DONT FUCKING UNDERSTAND. YOU DONT GET TO TALK SHIT ABOUT MY SISTER LIKE SHE'S A BITCH. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE'S BEEN THROUGH AND ITS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN. LET HER LEAVE GOD DAMNIT!"

He kicked the hell out of Khaos. It stunned Khaos enough to loose his grip and let go of Maverick. Soon enough Khaos was getting shoved into the counter. They were back to fighting again. Khaos got hit in the jaw pretty hard. Maverick got punched in the eye. I wouldn't doubt it if he got a black eye after that hit. They were throwing rib shots back to back. And for once in a life time I'm stuck. My legs feel like Jell-O, I'm weak in the stomach. All of a sudden as I'm standing there watching the commotion go down something shiny catches my eye. I see Khaos reach for it out of his waist band. It's a gun.

"MAVERICK WATCH OUT!" I shout in true terror.

Fuck fuck fuck.

My voice must've thrown Maverick off guard because he stopped immediately to look at me. Khaos took this as an advantage and I watched as Khaos slammed Maverick into the wall again. But this time holding a gun to his forehead. No please... Khao's icy blue eyes turned into the eyes of a killer. There was only one look in his eyes... death. I watched as Maverick took a deep breath in. His eyes grew soft as if almost accepting this fate.

"I'm looking out for your sister can't you see that? She's safer with me Maverick. We didn't have to have this big of a problem."

He laughs hysterically and I'm convinced he's completely insane.

"If the dumb bitch wouldn't have killed Logan Martin we wouldn't have been in this situation."

Logan Martin? Logan Martin? Think Kira think fuck fuck fuck. Logan Martin. The drug dealer or drug receiver either or I don't really know and I don't really care. I watched as Maverick's eyes filled with horror while his heart sank. Shifting to me as if to say "really?" I mouth "I'm sorry" to him. I'm still confused as to how in the hell Maverick got caught up in this mess but I'll figure that out later.

I have to find something that can be used against Khaos or I might not have a brother by the end of tonight. I glance around while Maverick and Khaos continue arguing. Maverick's a fighter that's for sure. I look around and spot a side table in the corner of the room and next to it a plastic bag. I don't know how I never noticed it but I guess I wasn't really looking. I hope to God my weapons are in there or else I'm screwed. I silently make my way to the bag and Maverick spots me. I put my pointer finger to my lips telling him to shh. I silently open the bag and thankfully they were there.

"You know Maverick I really liked you I really did. But you just HAD to get in the fucking way didn't you. If you would've just listened to me and stayed out of it you might've been able to make it out alive tonight." Khaos shows no sympathy in his voice.

Me and Khaos cock back our guns at the same time. Right before he pulls the trigger I place the barrel to the back of his head.

"Hm, I bet you know what that is don't you?"